DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is a stupid question (or maybe not) but i have a 2004 HEMI RAM (reg. cab, short bed, 2wd) with exhaust and intake and my buddy has a 2005 4.7L dakota (extended cab, short bed, 2wd) with just exhaust... my main question is, he wants to race, but ive been reluctent to... just throwing it off and tellin him he knows who'd win... but would i?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
weight vs power ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the hemi makes almost 100 more horse than the 4.7... but he does weigh about 1,000lbs less... i just wanted to know if i stood a chance before i gave it a try and look stupid...

·
Eye of The Beholder
52 Posts
throw a supercharger on and then race :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol! i dont think i need boost to beat a dakota... im pretty sure i could win as is... i just wanted some moral support, guys... hehe

·
University of Houston
651 Posts
yea you should have no problem at all

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i was thinking... thanks man!

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
yeah, you would smoke him.

·
Hemijdub
623 Posts
u would beat him i have had 2 dakota r/t's and the hemi would have murdered them both except when i had the bottle on the first one

·
Registered
22 Posts
dont be a wuss, just race and see. If you lose spend more money.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha, i dont plan on spending too much more on my truck... i wanna keep it kind of mild... i was thinking of some sort of power programmer, but i hear horror stories of people frying their PCMs and stuff...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the superchips and love it so far. It has alot of great options. I do understand not wanting to race somebody in fear of losing, speacialy to some one you know. Then you have to hear about it for the next ten years. You will feel better though if you race and find out, i bet you win.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hemi

I have a 2004 Quad Cab 4x4 Ram with mods in my sig. My best friend has a 2004 4.7 Dakota 2-door 4x4 with Mopar CAI, shorty headers, hypertech programmer, shift kit and 100shot of NX. Pretty quick truck but he looses b 3 trucks in the 1/8 and 6 in the 1/4! Dont be afraid!:rck: And that was before I install the Edge converter!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
u would beat him i have had 2 dakota r/t's and the hemi would have murdered them both except when i had the bottle on the first one
I beg to differ . I had an 04 2wd hemi and an 00 dak r/t the dak ran the 1/4 mile a tad quicker. i could win only when i ran nos. ran my son several times. pics in gallery.

HAVING SAID THAT. THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IS RUN THEM.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Just do it!!! If you lose tell him your foot slipped of the gas:thatfunny

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
i know this is a stupid question (or maybe not) but i have a 2004 HEMI RAM (reg. cab, short bed, 2wd) with exhaust and intake and my buddy has a 2005 4.7L dakota (extended cab, short bed, 2wd) with just exhaust... my main question is, he wants to race, but ive been reluctent to... just throwing it off and tellin him he knows who'd win... but would i?
My '07 LWB Hemi 4x4 truck with 3.55's is faster than my old '05 AWD Dakota with the 4.7-liter H.O and 3.92's.

Not by much (they're both slow), but enough difference to notice.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Get the superchips install, get the torque management out of the way!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I beg to differ . I had an 04 2wd hemi and an 00 dak r/t the dak ran the 1/4 mile a tad quicker. i could win only when i ran nos. ran my son several times. pics in gallery.

HAVING SAID THAT. THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IS RUN THEM.
Maybe he was talking the new Dak. R/T. Still only a 4.7. The '00 still had a 5.9, right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i guess you guys are right... race and see is the only way i'm gonna know... i'll see if we can "line em up" sometime this week... i'll post the results!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.