DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am getting a couple BIG mods hopefully before xmas, i still use my truck as a truck, i pull my boat, tow my camaro... truck stuff. would yall see any problems with heads and cam that would hurt towing or anything... cause i know the 3k stall plus no low end torque cam (6.1)

· Josh
4,197 Posts
the only thing that would hurt you is if the cam stalls out alot, and depends on the cam if you push your torque and hp up high in the rpm than you will have problems getting going. But a nice torque/mid range cam and a set of heads would only help as long as they are tuned to not stall cause that would be deadly if towing something. get a set of 4.56's if you tow alot, but for racing it will make tire choice harder.

· Registered
1,644 Posts
I have towed my 7500lb travel trailer with a 2700 stall and both the 6.1 cam and the 268. It towed very well with the 6.1 cam, but it was a little lean with the 268. Right now using the stock injectors the 268 is fine 99.9% of the time. As soon as you add towing to the mix it puts it over the edge where it could use different injectors. You will also have to have a custom PSC or SMT tune for towing. As far as the TC is concerned, I ended up having to install a secondary tranny cooler to keep the temps lower while towing in the summer. The added benefit is my tranny is nice and cool at the track. That's just my experience as I think I am one of the only guys that has a bigger cam and tows.

· Registered
5,718 Posts
I have a 12 second truck that gets 14 mpg the old fashion way. I fill up and then divide the gallons of fuel to the miles driven. My overhead is all screwed up telling me that I'm getting 15.2. I drive a Chevy pickup back and forth to work, but after work, I'm a Mopar man all the way.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
So? you want the best of both worlds??

If we could tune these things RIGHT. It wouldn't be a problem. To a point, I built a 9 sec pump gas ride for a customer. He said he was going to get grocerys with it. LOL right. I think it scared him. It only came out once this yr, and I drove it for him.

· Registered
5,718 Posts
sharadonper said:
So? you want the best of both worlds??

If we could tune these things RIGHT. It wouldn't be a problem. To a point, I built a 9 sec pump gas ride for a customer. He said he was going to get grocerys with it. LOL right. I think it scared him. It only came out once this yr, and I drove it for him.
Grocery getter? Yeah right. That man lives in my town and I've never seen it on the street or in the parking lot of Wall Mart. It runs on pump gas with over 800 hp. Everyone that has riddin in that particular car with you could be sliddened right out of the passenger seat after a quick rip. After you built that car, I bought stock in Fruit of the Loom. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.