DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my truck today and went to start it up so I could go give it a bath.
Here's the deal:

When I start the truck up it wont actually start running until I give it a little gas. It will only turn over. Then in order to keep it running I have to keep my foot on the gas otherwise it will stall out. Okay...so I get it out of the driveway and am driving up the street. After running for a minute it will hold its own idle (about 700rpm-lower than usual). I started up the road and gave it some gas to get some speed up...as soon as I let off the gas it stalls out again. I repeat the above to get it running again. Any ideas guys? I had the D out all day yesterday and was driving around with the wife and had no problems.

Please I need some help!!! :VHOT:

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
sounds like the same problem I had with mine. It's your IAC sensor on the back of your TB. It's 2 torx screws. Picked mine up from NAPA. Take you all of 10 minutes to change it out. Hope that helps

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Rock...looks like you were right on! I took out the IAC sensor last night and gave it a good cleaning with some carb cleaner (all auto parts stores were closed). I see this only as a quick fix for now...I will soon just replace the sensor and go from there. Thanks!!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
White, if that fixed it (for now) that's probably all you'll need to do. Wait before buying the new part.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
great...... glad to hear your up and running. That cutting out can get on your nerves huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.