DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had an engine light come on and off for a while saying cylinder deactivation for cylinder 8 is not working but now the engine light won’t go off for the same problem no matter if I reset it with a scan tool or go through 3 ignition cycles. I want to fix it myself but I’m not sure what could be done. If anyone has any ideas on what to look for to properly diagnose or to fix it that would be amazing. I have a 2007 Dodge Durango with the 5.7L hemi

·
Red Trucker
2,399 Posts
That's interesting, seeing as cylinder 8 is not an MDS cylinder (1, 4, 6 & 7 are)......

·
Red Trucker
2,399 Posts
Probably, but what was the actual code (number) it set off? I said interesting because cylinder 8 shouldn't be getting an MDS code.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve had an engine light come on and off for a while saying cylinder deactivation for cylinder 8 is not working but now the engine light won’t go off for the same problem no matter if I reset it with a scan tool or go through 3 ignition cycles. I want to fix it myself but I’m not sure what could be done. If anyone has any ideas on what to look for to properly diagnose or to fix it that would be amazing. I have a 2007 Dodge Durango with the 5.7L hemi
What oil are you using?

·
Red Trucker
2,399 Posts
What oil are you using?
That's why I asked what the actual code was...P1521 is incorrect weight oil for MDS. The verbiage he used would indicate P3458, which doesn't make sense for an MDS hemi as only cylinders 1, 4, 6 & 7 are MDS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts