DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cylinder 6 misfire. i have replaced the plug the coil and the injector. it still runs rough. I am having hesitation and rough acceleration. i checked the pcv valve and it was slugged up with oil and fuel. and then checked the oil and their is fuel in the oil. anybody have any suggestions on what i can do next to fix my problem.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
What year truck? What size engine? Done a compression check or pulled the valve cover yet to make sure the rocker arms or one and opening/closing the valves?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 2003 dodge ram 1500 2wd with a 4.7 liter. i have not done any of those cause i keep getting codes and trying to fix those. yesterday i got code p0121- throttle position sensor i have not yet replaced it but how the truch is running looks pretty good for the tps to be messing up.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
2003s are bad about breaking valve springs. So I suggest you take off the coils and pull the valve cover and start looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys i just ran into the same problem with cylinder 6. does anyone know where i can find a cylinder layout? so i know which one to replace?

·
Registered
18 Posts
just did a job on one yesterday and pull the valve cover off and look the rocker arms come off its a common things on the 4.7's

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
I also had problems with the original motor in my 2003. In mine, a piston ring came apart and was bouncing around in the cylinder causing a missfire code in #6. It was easy to diagnose with a scope inserted into the cylinder through the sparkplug hole.

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
yup sounds like piston ring shattered and fuel is blowing by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.