DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK at just 141k i feel a vibration when i'm cornering. After i figured it was the driver side hub gone bad. Got the part from Timken $136. got the truck up and I've been dealing with cv joint. I thought you just give it a good push with a breaker bar and it would come unhinged, but that's not the case. Is there a C-clip on the cv joint? And where would it be? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
The clip is on the shaft. You will see it once you pop it off. I could never get mine to pop off with a pry bar. I just tapped it with a hammer. Hopefully it is not seized on. Lube up with anti seize upon reassemble.
Good Luck

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will give it a better try.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had to beat my passenger side out my driver side came out pretty easy.

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
Both of mine came out easy. For 11 years young...

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Used the prybar on mine and they popped off pretty easy when I did the front bearings on my truck...sad part was that the bearing that was bad was the passenger side that was replaced under warranty at 49000 kms...it lasted just over 100000 kms since me truck now has 150000 kms on it. I decided to do both of them...and now that I know how to do them, it is actually pretty easy. Passenger side took me 3.5 hours and drivers side took me just under an hour considering it is a 4x4..

·
+ Hemi Addict +
580 Posts
I had to beat my passenger side out my driver side came out pretty easy.
Same here, the passenger side was a pain in the rear. I actually had the inner stub shaft come off with the CV and had to use a vise and sledge hammer to separate (CV was bad so no big deal). Make sure to order new retaining clips and check to make sure the splines on the stub shaft aren't too worn down.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of what it looks like. The stub shaft came off with my driver-side CV when I was replacing the front differential seals.

You can see the broken C-Clip in the second picture. The stub shaft is retained on the CV joint with the same type of clip. Whichever one gives out first always seems to be a toss-up.

Attachments

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
You need one of these, and a slide hammer. You can rent it from Autozone. It's called an Inner CV Joint puller

Oooo....another tool for the box ;):D

Al.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
You need one of these, and a slide hammer. You can rent it from Autozone. It's called an Inner CV Joint puller

Oooo....another tool for the box ;):D

Al.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.