DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2004 4x4 SLT Hemi
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Today i had a blow out I hit so metal on the road and it destroyed my 275/60/20 Wrangler Silent armor tire so i go to the local tire goodyear dealer and they tell me that it is going to be 317.00 for a new tire because they have to order it. So i tell them ok go ahead and do it. When i get home i started to check out other tire stores to see if i was getting a good deal. And of course i was not so i call the dealer and told him the price of 278 and he says ok i will cancel the order. He did not even try to give me a break on his price. So would it have kill them to take 10% off just to come close ? I cant believe that he was so ready to give up my business so easily. What are your thoughts.

Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
384 Posts
Alot of places price match just to get some buisness! The way economy is right now I would buy my stuff from where ever I could get it cheaper!

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
Alot of places price match just to get some buisness! The way economy is right now I would buy my stuff from where ever I could get it cheaper!
x2

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Ok Today i had a blow out I hit so metal on the road and it destroyed my 275/60/20 Wrangler Silent armor tire so i go to the local tire goodyear dealer and they tell me that it is going to be 317.00 for a new tire because they have to order it. So i tell them ok go ahead and do it. When i get home i started to check out other tire stores to see if i was getting a good deal. And of course i was not so i call the dealer and told him the price of 278 and he says ok i will cancel the order. He did not even try to give me a break on his price. So would it have kill them to take 10% off just to come close ? I cant believe that he was so ready to give up my business so easily. What are your thoughts.

Sorry for the long post
$317 p/tire is a rip off. Tell them to take a long walk of the closest short pier. Wow. Here are a few online sources doing a quick search for you...

Onlinetires.com = $199 +shipping
Tirerack.com = $224 + shipping
Discount tire direct.com = $228 FREE shipping( $240 at a local DT store )
Tires-easy.com = $243.50 + shipping
1010tires.com = $248 + shipping
Sam's Club = $250.14 ( no charge ship to local club if not in stock )

* NOTE - If you have a Wal-Mart tire and lube express center near you they can order these tires in if they do not stock them. You may have to make the tire counter guy look them up in the special order catalog under the counter and call the warehouse for availibility if he says it can't be done. IT CAN! IF he refuses find the manager and complain. There is no shipping charge to your local store if their warehouse has them and usually it is only 2-3 days tops to get them in.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'd check your local craigslist. Those crap goodyears are always listed, you might find a whole set of 4 for that price. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'd check your local craigslist. Those crap goodyears are always listed, you might find a whole set of 4 for that price. Good luck!
He doesn't have the Wrangler HP's which I believe you are thinking of. THOSE are crap I agree as are 99.9% of GY tires.

He posted he has the Wrangler Silent Armour tires though. As big a hater of GY's as I am those are the best tire they offer. Not crap at all even if I wouldn't run them myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.