DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a tuner for the 2G rams that will allow for custom tunes to be written? My uncle has a 98 ram 2500 w/ a 5.9L and he wants to improve his gas mileage, and the only tuner I could find for his truck was the one made by superchips and it only has generic canned tunes.

· Creature Of The Wheel
8,879 Posts
SCT makes one (but the kinks are still being worked out), PM user "Everyone" and he can help ya more with that...or you can get the PCM flashed with a B&G flash. I'm sure others will help you out more.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JonRoc said:
SCT makes one (but the kinks are still being worked out), PM user "Everyone" and he can help ya more with that...or you can get the PCM flashed with a B&G flash. I'm sure others will help you out more.
Thank you. I have an x-cal II for my truck and my uncle saw it today whle I was over at his house for T-Day, and he wanted to know if something like that was available for his truck. He wants to inprove his mileage and at 3+ a gallon, I can't blame him. I know that tunes can be written to improve mileage, I have one for my truck. Now I just need to find someone competent who knows how to write tunes for a dodge.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
I'm an authorized SCT flash programmer and have written plenty of tunes for the 2g stuff. We probably have 40 tuners out there now. PM me for special "black friday" pricing on units with tunes. I might not be able to respond until later in the weekend but getting a PM to me today will lock in the special pricing (good for today only). If you already have a unit, tunes by themselves are $50 each.

I saw this posted on another forum regarding my tuning on a hopped up 5.9 Dak:

"Hemifever is definitely an excellent tuner. Gives great support. My truck went from not even turning the tires over off the line to smoking them almost all the way through 3rd. Gas mileage has even went up. I have been driving it alot harder lately."

The "kinks" mentioned above are on some 4.7 3rd gen stuff.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What info from the truck is needed before the custom tunes are written? I come from the ford world and to get a custom tune on them you need to provide the VIN and the calibration code off of the ecm, then the tuner has to get a copy of the original tune from ford and then modify that.
Also, how many tunes do you get on an x-cal 2 for the DCX vehicles? The ford version gets you three tunes.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
The pcm # is all I need to write a tune. Then all the specs on your engine setup will get me started. The xcal2 will need a tune loaded in to it before the software will upload a tune from your pc to the xcal2. If it's blank, you'll probably have to ship it to me for the initial load. You can call SCT to see if they have any way to have loads initially put in to a blank tuner with their software.

You can have 3 tunes on the DCX xcal2.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hemifever said:
The pcm # is all I need to write a tune. Then all the specs on your engine setup will get me started. The xcal2 will need a tune loaded in to it before the software will upload a tune from your pc to the xcal2. If it's blank, you'll probably have to ship it to me for the initial load. You can call SCT to see if they have any way to have loads initially put in to a blank tuner with their software.

You can have 3 tunes on the DCX xcal2.
Thank You!
Thats just the info I was looking for. I'll pass it along to my uncle and see what he want's to do. Thanxs again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.