DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
Hit the reply button. Go to manage attachments. Pull the pics straight off the computer

· WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,433 Posts
Wild setup.

· Registered
346 Posts
thats crazy. great job!

· Registered
606 Posts
not just what are all the holes for, but is your truck a 2wd or a 4x4 because that is going to be impossible to switch with that wild center console setup. I like it but that came to mind while I was looking at the pics.

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
First of all, I must say that I mean no disrespect to you in anyway. I have not attempted fiberglassing myself, so I do not know the extend or difficulty of fiberglassing. Now, with that said:

Your Durango (which is how you spell it) is very scratched and messed up there in the back, you should get that repaired so it looks decent. The fiberglassing looks very rushed, and there are several dents and areas that need some massive work. Might need to glass again to cover them up, then re-sand. The paint work looks a bit... messy. Sand it all down with fine sand paper, and then get some glossy black, and brush on several coats, along with 1 or 2 coats of clear coat for protection. Your front glassing looks a bit better in form, but it looks like the bottom unit doesn't quite fit right. Hard to tell with the pics tho.

I realize you are probably not all done with the project, which is why I am giving you some helpful pointers. All in all, great work so far! I can see, with more time and effort, that this will look fantastic. And once again, no pun intended toward you and your project. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing the final completion!

-Shaun

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
dkeys412 said:
not just what are all the holes for, but is your truck a 2wd or a 4x4 because that is going to be impossible to switch with that wild center console setup. I like it but that came to mind while I was looking at the pics.
It's a 4X4. His custom glassing only comes up to where the factory controls for a/c and 4X4 is, so they are not affected with his custom glassing.

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
looks good. I wish I had skillz with that stuff

· Registered
606 Posts
qtipextra said:
It's a 4X4. His custom glassing only comes up to where the factory controls for a/c and 4X4 is, so they are not affected with his custom glassing.
Ok I don't know where your 4x4 controls in your truck are but every durango that I have seen are exactly where his radio and it looks like a dvd are. So I don't know that it is a 4x4 since there are alot of 2wd dingo's out there. So in fact it would affect it if he had to throw that 4x4 in snow or icy conditions. Don't mean to sound like a jerk, or maybe I just didn't word the question right.

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
There are 2 different interiors for the 1st gen Durango's. The 98-00's have the style that you are talking about. The 01-03's have a newer dash and a few other changes in the interior. On this new interior, the 4x4 is a knob. If you take a look at the full res image of the back, you can see to his dash, and see the knob for 4X4. Thats how I found out. ;)

· ALWAYS BEEN SLOW
674 Posts
You look at the headlight switch and the door panels in the second picture you can see its the 01+ dash
Never opened the photos to look at them,I thought they are big enough to see

RICK

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
2K R/T said:
You look at the headlight switch and the door panels in the second picture you can see its the 01+ dash
Never opened the photos to look at them,I thought they are big enough to see

RICK
Yea, and the door panel on the passenger side gives it away too.

· ALWAYS BEEN SLOW
674 Posts
The tilt for the steering wheel,The gauges also
Back on topic,Need to sand it ,Whats with the big cracks for?Whys nothing even from side to side?Wheres the amps?
The radios so low you cann't read the display,

RICK

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.