DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Wondering If Any One Has Made A Custom Intake And Has Pics I Am Thinking Abotu It So I Dont Have To Spend 300.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am in the same boat, I was thinking about doing the same thing for my 07 4.7L ram.
but mine has more bends than the one pictured. I am trying to decide between aluminum exhaust tubing or PVC pipe and maybe insulation over it. do you know what the inlet size is on the AEM dry flow 360 degree filter?.

usmc5593

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
USMC5593 said:
I am in the same boat, I was thinking about doing the same thing for my 07 4.7L ram.
but mine has more bends than the one pictured. I am trying to decide between aluminum exhaust tubing or PVC pipe and maybe insulation over it. do you know what the inlet size is on the AEM dry flow 360 degree filter?.

usmc5593
There have been several tests done with "Air" "Temp" and "Intake Tubes" (metal vs. plastic) and basicly,... The Air isnt in the tube long enough to change temps so as far as Insulating your intake tube for other than looks might be a waste of time and money. I have a True Flow intake and I believe there are test results on their website somewhere that might explain it better to you.

Jim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.