DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to realize that I'm not going to be able to fit the subs I want underneath the rear seat. Has anyone made a box with quick disconnects that sits in the underseat area but only with the seats folded up. Maybe with the subs in the front at a 45 degree angle? Since I have the 60/40 rear bench I was thinking about something like this for behind the driver seat only? Has anyone done this?

If I decide to do this I'd like to do it myself. Does anyone have a write-up for building something like this? I've never built a box before but I'm good with wood working.

I'll probably be doing 2 12" Kicker L7's or one 12W7. What do you guys think?

Another issue is mounting the amps... from what I've read with the seat folded up they won't fit behind it?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Here is my biggest concern with your plan. I am sure you can make it work, but there is a saftey factor. I can see that since you want quick disconnects you want to be able to remove it quickly. That box must, I repeat must, be mounted down very securely. If you get into an accident or hit your brakes hard that box is a missle aimed towards the front. I have already had one friend killed because he said he was going to mount the box down later, dont want to see it happen to someone else.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point. In terms of having it still easily removable I'm sure it would be easy to use the seatbelts to fasten it down.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Are you really stuck on 12L7's??? You will have to run them in a sealed enclosure due to limited air volume. You can ask anyone on this site that has heard my vented enclosures. A good pair of 10's like the JLw6 or Alpine type R's in a vented enclosure will smoke any pair of 12's sealed. Especially the solobarics. They don't do too well in sealed boxes. Now if you have them then use them but if not. Don't waste your money on 12L7's unless you have 3-4ft3 ea to go ported.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not stuck on L7's I just really like the sound of 12s over 10s. No one else has made a bigger box to use with the seats folded up? I find this kinda suprising... My box building will have to wait until it warms up again as I don't have a heated garage to work in but I'd like to start buying stuff now so it'll be ready to go come spring.

What I'd like to do is build a box that forms into the underseat that will help keep it secure but then rise up to about the level of the back of the seat with the front being at a 45 degree angle where the subs would be located. This would be about as wide as the seat so you'd have one sub behind each front seat basically. I think if you did it this way you would be able to have a huge amount of airspace?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nobody with any comments, concerns, tips?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.