DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my cup holder frfom geno's garage two days ago and everything was cool. Well today I go to open the center console and it's stuck. I cant get that thing open for anything. Is there any other way to open it??

Thanks

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
use a really big hammer!!!!!!!!! and hit the top of the dash and if you hit it hard enough eventually you will get it to open. actually dont do that. if you can post some pics of it openi might be able to help but without knowing what we are looking at it make it hard.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am at work now but what happened is i slammed it shut as you pretty much have to when you install this cup holder. Mabey something got caught after i shut it the last time?....

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
03ramit1 said:
use a really big hammer!!!!!!!!! and hit the top of the dash and if you hit it hard enough eventually you will get it to open. actually dont do that. if you can post some pics of it openi might be able to help but without knowing what we are looking at it make it hard.
hes talking about the middle console one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after everything I got it open. But I called the local dealership and they told my to try and pry it open. Needless to say that didn't go very well. The latch is now broke and the plastic piece under the console door is cracked. So now I will need to replace thos parts. Well.....on the bright side I got it open.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
jay_real85 said:
Well after everything I got it open. But I called the local dealership and they told my to try and pry it open. Needless to say that didn't go very well. The latch is now broke and the plastic piece under the console door is cracked. So now I will need to replace thos parts. Well.....on the bright side I got it open.
I hope it was something important for you to break it open like that lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
jay_real85 said:
I installed my cup holder frfom geno's garage two days ago and everything was cool. Well today I go to open the center console and it's stuck. I cant get that thing open for anything. Is there any other way to open it??

Thanks
Sux when that happens doesn't it :VHOT: It happened to me when I first put mine in. I pried it open but luckily I didn't break anything. It just wasn't "shimmed" enough. It did happen one other time but what I found out was that if I pulled the lid towards the drivers side just a bit it would open fine.

If you look at the latch when you take the lid apart you'll notice a hole where a little peg goes that keeps the latch from twisting. I think it (the lid) gets stuck because it (the latch) twists a little bit. When you reinstall it make sure it's lined up correctly and tighten it down as tight as you can get it, so that it won't twist :D

Hope that helps you in the future...

Sorry you had to break something before you could get it figured out.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
also place a spacer between the console lid & the latch, this will lengthen the latch enough to compensate for the new cup holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I put mine in tonight and same thing after i put two washers per screw. on the latch there is a darker colored free swinging locking dojamahicky. (very small metal piece) i think it is suppose to lock the latch so the console lid won't open when the colsole is in upright position. i was able to pry it open with a wide chisel. nothing broke, thank god there is a little rubber nipple on the latch that i used to hold that metal locking thing still while i put it back together. i have not tried to put the console up yet to see if it locks it while in the upright position........(that was hard to explain) sorry no picts, but it is a cool cup holder. thanks Geno's

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
gc714 said:
also place a spacer between the console lid & the latch, this will lengthen the latch enough to compensate for the new cup holder.
In my last post, where I was referencing reinstalling the latch, the re-installation was supposed to be after you put some type of spacer in there to raise the latch :D I guess I should have mentioned that...sorry

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well on the instructions it says u can put a washer between the latch and the lid to make it easier to close but u don't have to. If you don't you just have to slam it shut. I'm gonna assume that after so long it will mess something up. As it did to me. But no matter what its totally worth the convinience of the cup holder. I actually learned a valuable lesson. So my advice to everyone is to buy this very usefull product but make sure you space the latch and lid with a washer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.