DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the drive into work this morning, I looked over and saw a nice little black Corvette, id say about an 03... Eye contact was made, and thats all that was needed. I spooled my sh!t up and when the light turned green... It was on!
Haha, I looked to my right and there was a construction van to my right trying to race aswell, though he didnt hang but for a moment till my engine got into its power band.
We were hauling a$$ - got up to 70 or so in a little 45 zone. Although, I got worked. The Cummins was doing its best, but the Corvette simply has the advantage. I managed to stay just off his rear quarter till about 60 but then he just walked the dog on me. I wish dodge would put a 5 speed auto in the trucks that could handle the Cummins - that would help alot.

now, I see the need for a programmer.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
That means you are running low 5's to sixty? What are your 1/4 times?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
What do you have for mods? The Corvette should have smoked you. DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM NOT BASHING YOU, but those vettes are sick and If he was on it then I am trading my hemi for a cummins.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no mods to date. He was a car length ahead of me when I hit 60. Thats why I said I was just off his rear quarter. He was on it alright, I put down my window when I race.. I have to hear whats going on and he was def. to the floorboard. The new cummins is no joke. I just cant wait to modify it just alittle :)

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Get the banks six gun or the edge power pack and you will be running 13's in the quarter

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had proclaimed earlier that I was gonna run the six gun, but now I am leaning towards the Edge juice... decisions desicions

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Get the banks six gun or the edge power pack and you will be running 13's in the quarter
With about 3 grand in other parts also.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
With about 3 grand in other parts also.

Hey I am just going by what he said, I would think the vette would have dropped him like a bad habit but If he stayed with him till 60, bumper to bumper, that is a 5.0 0 to 60 time. Which would put him in the high 13's if he could have hung with him. He must have a cummins built on a wednesday cause I know my hemi would have been 3 to 4 car lengths behind at that speed, if not more.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The Vette was playing with him. Out of the hole the Vette should have had 2 or 3 car lengths on him and pulled him all the way thru.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I thought the same thing but I was not there, and I am not one to ? peoples credibility especially when I do not personally know them. I will tell you this: I have seen those cars rip off high 12's out of the box with little to no mods.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
hemi1569 said:
I thought the same thing but I was not there, and I am not one to ? peoples credibility especially when I do not personally know them. I will tell you this: I have seen those cars rip off high 12's out of the box with little to no mods.

Wouldnt "out of the box" be zero mods? -just a thought.

Plus I wasnt driving the Vette, so theres no telling how that dude responded to the light, shifted, or anything, I know I was behind him a car length at 60... a vette should rip me a new one in the 1/4, no doubt. tho my truck hung strong to that point.

and no, it was built on a tuesday by Manny.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
2-Stroke said:
Wouldnt "out of the box" be zero mods? -just a thought.

Plus I wasnt driving the Vette, so theres no telling how that dude responded to the light, shifted, or anything, I know I was behind him a car length at 60... a vette should rip me a new one in the 1/4, no doubt. tho my truck hung strong to that point.

and no, it was built on a tuesday by Manny.
Motor trend, April 2005
Ram 2500 4x4 SLT (04 model) Tested 9/04
5.9 I-6 Turbodiesel
4 speed automatic
305 HP
0-60 8.9 sec
1/4 16.5 @81.2 Corvette MT TESTED 9/03 Z06 4.3 to 60 [email protected] 1/4

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, thats the Z06... its baddass - the numbers are impressive. I have a few more ponies than the test truck in the Motor Trend article quoted that that accounts for some lower times. but what are you getting at really. That I am lying? Well son, if you think I am a liar, or I need to exagerate to make myself feel better, you got another thing coming. If you are really concerned - bring your yankee ass to VA. I will rig my truck with strain gauges, flow meters, acclerometers, an Iotech recorder, RPM lasers - or whatever it takes to show you the numbers. I know I cannot beat a Corvette, nor did I even attempt to say I did/ would... I simply stated that hung on his rear quarter, a car length back to 60 then was left in his dust. I dont know what engine he was running. I doubt it was the Z06 vette either.
But, if you feel the need to call me a liar, or to assume that I am bullshittin you.. go ahead - I have to reason to lie. I dont know you, nor do I really care to impress you.
I think - (now this is just me) - that you are pissed you couldnt get the cummins, and you are trying to reason with yourself that it isnt as baddass as everone says it is - this is a denile thing you are going thru.
- but I am probably Lying again

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
If I wanted a cummins I would have bought one. I am simply saying there is no way that he was trying. Take the HP/weight ratio and you will see that he was toying with you. I am not trying to start a fight, I am just stating that yeah, you and I both could probably go toe to toe with our trucks, but I would GET SMOKED by a vette. And that is the FACTS.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
2-Stroke said:
Well son, if you think I am a liar, or I need to exagerate to make myself feel better, you got another thing coming.
I believe you. And I'm jealous of your motor too. ;)

Stock vettes aren't invincable, I chew them up reguarly with my wittle ole TA.

Nice run 2-Stroke. Atleast you tried. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good moral victory! Vettes are great!!

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
Hay I don not care if the vett was just playing with you or not but you have a lot of balls toying with the vett with a diesel!!!! you go dude :rck:

I play with the srt-10's all the time just to see them run obviously not caring if i get whooped......

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Motor trend, April 2005
Ram 2500 4x4 SLT (04 model) Tested 9/04
5.9 I-6 Turbodiesel
4 speed automatic
305 HP
0-60 8.9 sec
1/4 16.5 @81.2 Corvette MT TESTED 9/03 Z06 4.3 to 60 [email protected] 1/4
Funny he brings up the Z06 stats, hahahaha not gonna touch that ..

Man i always thought diesels were stump pulling torque infested animals, where did the speed come from, might have to go test drive a CTD and begin the mod searches on them, sweeet!!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.