DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
That sucks!!! Your right, you do gotta feel for him. Insurance will probly hep his stupidity out!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
wow that sucks!!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yikes, that sucks.

KB

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
wow, that's not cool. I would be so pissed at myself!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
did he ever say what happened to the boat? I was trying to find it but I never read anything about it. He said it was when he was pulling it out so I imagine the trailer is under there....?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
yea where is the boat!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Seems odd to me. I've launched a bunch of boats and driven lots of manual tranny vehicles. I've never used reverse to back down a boat ramp. Did his foot slip off the clutch at the same time his other foot slipped off the accelerator while in reverse for a procedure that most folks use neutral to let the weight of the boat and truck ease back into the water while holding the brake? When I owned my '03 with the driveline vibration that DC couldn't and wouldn't fix for two years and 44k miles, I thought about drowning it many times as I drove past the boat ramps. I'm not making accusations, I've just been reminded of what I wanted to do with my problem truck.

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think as it was the end of the day he was positioning the trailer and then go of and get the boat or someone else was in the boat waiting and once the submarine commander finished his dive, moored the boat up out of view and called for help.
Just a quick correction, should that be a U-boat not a submarine as it's a Dodge?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Ooooch...glad to read he's OK! He was out for a bit, could have been tragic :(

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
That's unbelievable... Lake Conroe is north of Houston.... I wonder if any of our DT members who live up there heard about this before now?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Glad he's ok. Sorry about the truck. Hope he at least got his $7.00 launch fee back. (or at least they didn't charge him another $7.00 for "launching" the truck.)

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Darn!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.