DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pudge
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 97 ram 1500 4x4 and my cruise hasnt worked for a while and i always thought it was because of a bad speed sensor but I am looking for a second opinion. When my speed sensor first started acting up my cruise light would go off and on and so would my cruise, it would cut out while driving down the highway, now it is sort of better if you would call it that lol, now when in cruise at say 60mph if i am going up a hill or a steep incline the transmission will not downshift to 3rd gear or even unlock the torque converter or lock it... which ever way its supposed to go, i am not sure. alls it does is stay in 4th gear and just power down until I am going so slow that the cruise cuts out at the minimum speed it is designed to be used at. So is it a speed sensor issue or is it something else?? And o yes another problem is that if i erase the check engine light (which is giving me code P0720 which is speed sensor circuit problem) The transmission will not shift at all until the engine light comes back on LOL... explain that one somebody...

Thanks

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
It sounds like the output speed sensor on the tranny is bad.(very common)

·
Pudge
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean on the transfer Case?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
No,on the overdrive housing, right in front of the tranny mount

·
Pudge
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ok so the input speed sensor is on the transfer case?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.