Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have an interesting problem. I had my dealer reset my PCM to adjust the speedometer after I put 315's on my truck. (Wished I had done it sooner, didn't realize how much a change it made. Got the ticket and court date to prove it.) Anyway, the problem I have is my CC works fine from 25-about 60 mph. Above 60, it'll turn on, work for a bit, 30sec-2 min, then kick off. Above 70, it won't even turn on. Any ideas would be appriciated. BTW, I searched, and didn't see any threads like this, and have checked the brake sw, and the connections on the PCM itself. Any info would be great, Thanks!!!

Oh I forgot , my trucks an 04, Hemi, with the off road package! Thanks!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Watching, as I have nearly identical setup. minus 4wd. Havent tested CC yet with new 315's

·
Dump Truck
848 Posts
When I switched from stock 20's (33" dia) to 17" wheels and 28" dia tire my cc acted the same and now it dosent work at all... Changed the tire set up via DSP as well, still nuttin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if there's a wheel speed sensor or something that may need to be changed to match with the PCM. The cruise worked fine until I had the PCM flashed. Unfortunately for me, the speedo was off by 10% low. CC set @ 77mph on my speedo, I was rollin at 85 on the radar gun. Bad news in VA. It also seems to me that there is more deviaion in my speed before CC applies throttle. With the CC set at 50, going uphill I'd drop to almost 44-45 before she kicked it in the tail. used to be like 47. Then again, maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Depending on what gears you have it is very possible that with that tire size you are lugging the engine by running it at too low of an RPM for the CC to work correctly.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I know my new rpms at 65mph is 1675-1725, 75mph I'm around 1850. I have 3.55's
cc worked fine with the 285's all the way up to 85mph
Old rpms with 285 tires were 75mph 2000rpms, 65mph ~1800

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
i think ill wait before i get the dealer to calibrate mine then, at 60mph im doing about 73 mph according to my GPS, i want to keep my cruise working

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
i recalibrated my truck with SC for my 315's, no issue
my cruise cut on and off when the wheel speed sensors started going bad.
might want to check those,
the back one can usually be pulled and cleaned. i'd start there.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
I have the same problem with my 315's. I can set the cruise but then with I hit the accel button to bump up my speed it will shut off and will not turn back on til I shut the truck off. I also have the problem of when going uphill it takes forever the the cruise to kick in and gain my back up to speed.

Change my tire size ratio with SC.

03 2500 hemi with 3.73's.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I do not have any problems with my cruise control with LT315/70R17 (35") tires. Stock or with my flahpaq set to adjust the tire size, it works just fine. I wonder what the problem could be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what's strange, it started right after I had the PCM flashed for tire size. Everything worked fine for the 8-10 months I had the tires on there. I'm gonna call the dealership I had it done at and talk to them about it. Hopefully we can figure things out, maybe he missed some other setting or something!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.