DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a few 6.1 regrinds with some pretty impressive results. So I had Dan fix me up a 5.7 regrind.

Before and after the reground cam, same dyno. No springs are needed or a TC. So the heads can stay on, cam only install...... Tuned by S.T. MotorSports the guys that are doing all the Kenne Bell set ups.....

Attachments

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what did you regrind it to?
I can't give away that info sorry.

We ground it so it wouldn't need a TC and by the looks of the Dyno we are right where the stock cam was before 3000. We didn't lose anything there, but we picked up quite a bit after that.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your now running a custom 5.7 reground camshaft?
The cams out of the 5.7 cars and 5.7 trucks are exactly the same specs 196/185 490/490 This reground cam is in my Daytona

Half of the 5.7 cam shafts I have seen are billet, the other half were the welded type and we just threw them in the round file.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Nicely done Lonnie.

·
SAILORwithaHEMI
2,283 Posts
Haha I asked if 5.7 cams were worth regrinding around the time I met you Lonnie lol. Man, that was a long time ago. Everyone said, "Why hell would you want to that?"

Congrats on the new find...

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha I asked if 5.7 cams were worth regrinding around the time I met you Lonnie lol. Man, that was a long time ago. Everyone said, "Why hell would you want to that?"

Congrats on the new find...
Ya well they also said a 12.9 in a QCSB was impossible. :D

I see you live in Tulsa Ok? I was born there. I don't miss the floods or the Tornadoes though...... Hey you know a Texas Cowboys nemesis? LOL A Oklahoma Cowboy......:D

·
SAILORwithaHEMI
2,283 Posts
Ya well they also said a 12.9 in a QCSB was impossible. :D

I see you live in Tulsa Ok? I was born there. I don't miss the floods or the Tornadoes though...... Hey you know a Texas Cowboys nemesis? LOL A Oklahoma Cowboy......:D
LOL, that's funny... Yeah, I live in Oklahoma City right now but I was raised there, Broken Arrow actually. The weather here is STILL ridiculous, couple weeks ago we had a 50 degree drop in temperature in about 12 hours. 70 one day, the next we had snow on the ground... :WHT:

Certainly miss that Northern California sunshine!

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Jon's a cool dude Lonnie..we sure miss him in Norcal..we did installs on his truck. We have a 6.1 regrind that we'll be installing on another guys truck here in a month or so..

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
What is the LSA on the 5.7 cams? I know my 6.1 regrind from Stu is 117

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yeh, the wide LSA is the main short coming from regrinding stock cams. The 5.7 cams are cast though not billet the other ones are steel DOM tubing with pressed on lobes.

Good numbers on the cam Lonnie.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh, the wide LSA is the main short coming from regrinding stock cams. The 5.7 cams are cast though not billet the other ones are steel DOM tubing with pressed on lobes.

Good numbers on the cam Lonnie.
Are you sure about the cast on that Stu???

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
They are cast. It's not a problem regrinding them though as long as you don't go under the heat treat. But these grinds are minimal enough in changes that it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow you two have just agreed on something?????

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Wow you two have just agreed on something?????
Lonnie. Stu and I usually agree on more things than not. Inertia is on top of their game as well as us. I consider Inertia Motorsport's even steven with Sharadon Performance. Both sponsors pay to be on this site. Both sponsors provide the best services to their clients.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
What is the LSA on the 5.7 cams? I know my 6.1 regrind from Stu is 117
I believe that they are all 116 or 117. the 6.1 are.
not sure on the 5.7s

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For all the time,energy and effort of getting a cam in my truck i would'nt even consider a regrind or non-billet.Being we have some knowledgeable cam guy's in this thread.I have a qestion on something i haven't been able to fiqure out.Maybe ya'll can help me out.What the h$ll is this on my stock cam? Inquiring mind's want to know.lolol

Attachments

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
can you be more specific? what are you talkin about?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.