DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck often sits 3-4 days at a time...I notice mice moving in and out of my truck ...they jump down when I start it sometimes... I think they chew on foam or weather stripping bring Acorns in ... I'm worried they will chew through something serious
Besides getting a Truck Cat any suggestions?:?"

·
Registered
55 Posts
use charcoal under the truck and put it in side the truck in little bowls, I store my camper during the winter and thats what I do with it and I never have a problem with mice like most people do. Charcoal is made from burnt wood and mice do not like the smell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, my, NO! You can't kill them or drive them away.

In today's oversensitive, politically correct world you will have to live-trap them and then relocate them to a natural environment where they can live out their full and productive little lives.

I'm sure PETA's dataminers are already monitoring this situation.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
IHateMinivans said:
Oh, my, NO! You can't kill them or drive them away.

In today's oversensitive, politically correct world you will have to live-trap them and then relocate them to a natural environment where they can live out their full and productive little lives.

I'm sure PETA's dataminers are already monitoring this situation.
:thatfunny Aint that the damn truth.... :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Strategically place little dishes of d-CON in your garage. Send PETA pics of dead mice. :D

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
I have the same problem. I got all the dogfood and bird feed out of the garage and put it in plastic trash cans and that solved most of my problems. I'm going to try the charcoal thing.

·
Urban Wheeler
415 Posts
Antifreeze in little cups.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you use antifreeze you will find dead mice all over,been there dun that, try the charcoal it works.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try the charcoal...one time I drove 70 miles my buddy got out of the passenger's side and saw the little bugger looking straight back at him when he opened the door...funny as hell ! made him jump! I guess they like Acorns and travel too

·
Registered
4 Posts
They also like to eat wiring. Friend of mine had a 64 Chevy SS show car, did not move it for a couple of months. When he went to take it to a show, no go. Had to almost completely rewire under the dash.

·
Registered
631 Posts
that sucks man, its always bad news when one mouse is looking at you while sitting on the kitchen counter. I would much rather have them in the garage then in the house.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
greg_glider said:
that sucks man, its always bad news when one mouse is looking at you while sitting on the kitchen counter. I would much rather have them in the garage then in the house.
That's true, I was going to shoot the mouse that go into our kitchen but the cats were quicker. Proof that cats are good for something! :D

The dogs take care of any vermin out back.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I Believe a nuclear explosion might take care of them. Could always set some glue traps around the truck with a piece of cheese on them make sure you are checking them often. Problem is if you don't take care of them they multiply quickly and them you have a infestation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just get the CAT! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Pulled a truck in once for a weird out of balance fan blower motor,making a bad noise,upon removing it found a field mouse dead in the fan cage.......they can chew wiring and make you pay $$ for daamages if you dont act on it. Also found a kitten once folded in half sticking out of the air box in a 2001 truck......apparently it was in the right fender for heat,crawled in the air intake ducting and when the owner fired up the truck it sucked the kitten and folded it in half before blocking the air flow causing a check engine light.......sure surprised me when I removed the air intake duct off the air box to see and head and rear legs staring at me.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Speaking of that, My buddy had a Corvette he use to store in a building away from his house. And he went and picked it up one spring and was driving it home and mouse jumped down out of the dash and up his pant leg....He was screaming like a 10yr old girl and couldnt pull over and get out of the car fast enough...LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
slammed1 said:
Pulled a truck in once for a weird out of balance fan blower motor,making a bad noise,upon removing it found a field mouse dead in the fan cage.......they can chew wiring and make you pay $$ for daamages if you dont act on it. Also found a kitten once folded in half sticking out of the air box in a 2001 truck......apparently it was in the right fender for heat,crawled in the air intake ducting and when the owner fired up the truck it sucked the kitten and folded it in half before blocking the air flow causing a check engine light.......sure surprised me when I removed the air intake duct off the air box to see and head and rear legs staring at me.
If it was a 10cylinder that's just more proof that they eat cats faster than any other engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a nest in the hood liner in my truck and in the spare tire in my car. Keep driving regularly and put out traps baited with peanut butter, glue boards where they run along the walls, and either moth balls or drier sheets in the truck. Don't stop at keeping them out of the truck, you have to kill them to keep them out of everything else and prevent the diseases they spread.

·
Registered
631 Posts
slammed1 said:
Sorry to hear about that kitten. Was it a field car or someone's pet?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.