DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
mopar91
59 Posts
I have the CL on mine and love it. Stomping Mustang GT's is awsome. Yes i have up graded my tranny & i will be testing it at the track when i get back in from work in the GOM. I'll be heading to the dyno again also. I have not seen exhaust temps over 1250, injector press has been as high as 24,000 psi & boost as high as 40lbs.

·
Registered
36,020 Posts
Where do you have your pyro?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I would like to know where that Pyro is too. I easily see temps of 1400 pre-turbo with a stock engine loaded, so I don't see how someone would stay under 1250 with any tuner adding more fuel no matter how big the exhaust is.

·
Registered
36,020 Posts
I can peg mine at 1500 with no load with just the EZ. My bet is the pyro is mounted in the lower pipe after the turbo.

·
OH Snap!
493 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
I can peg mine at 1500 with no load with just the EZ. My bet is the pyro is mounted in the lower pipe after the turbo.
Mines preturbo in the manifold and ive never seen temps above 1250 (not crazy larry however, highest setting ive used is the performance setting). Sometimes you can add power without increasing temps because of other factors, like timing and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Do you still have the cat? I see the 5" pipes I'm sure that helps, but my 4" stock with aero muffler still will get to 1400 loaded with a stock engine and stock tuning. I DO still have the cat installed so that is part of the problem, but if DCX and Cummins let it run that hot stock, I figure I'll let it keep running that hot. Just curious if the 5" w/ or w/o cat is making that much difference. Also I hear that some tuners actually lower EGT's by advancing timing without huge fuel increases although I don't know if that really works or not.

·
mopar91
59 Posts
My pyro is after the turbo in the cast iron piece where it was thick enough to tap. No cat. I'll be adding the second pyro next week pre turbo. I've also removed the silencer ring & air intake mods.

·
Registered
36,020 Posts
mopar91 said:
My pyro is after the turbo in the cast iron piece where it was thick enough to tap. No cat. I'll be adding the second pyro next week pre turbo. I've also removed the silencer ring & air intake mods.
Expect to see a minimum of 400 degrees and probably closer to 500 degree difference when you put the pyro where it belongs.

·
OH Snap!
493 Posts
me1magoo said:
Do you still have the cat? I see the 5" pipes I'm sure that helps, but my 4" stock with aero muffler still will get to 1400 loaded with a stock engine and stock tuning. I DO still have the cat installed so that is part of the problem, but if DCX and Cummins let it run that hot stock, I figure I'll let it keep running that hot. Just curious if the 5" w/ or w/o cat is making that much difference. Also I hear that some tuners actually lower EGT's by advancing timing without huge fuel increases although I don't know if that really works or not.
No cat. But it wasnt much different with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
98v10ram said:
No cat. But it wasnt much different with the stock exhaust.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see that. What is the difference? Are you ever towing anything or is 1250 max temp empty? I can see that, since I have a hard time getting over 1200 empty but not with any load on the truck, it will pull to 1300 quick and 1400 on a good hill.

·
OH Snap!
493 Posts
me1magoo said:
98v10ram said:
No cat. But it wasnt much different with the stock exhaust.[/QUOTE]

I just don't see that. What is the difference? Are you ever towing anything or is 1250 max temp empty? I can see that, since I have a hard time getting over 1200 empty but not with any load on the truck, it will pull to 1300 quick and 1400 on a good hill.

Yeah thats 1250 empty. Ive never towed anything real heavy on the interstate so i have no experience with long grades and towing around town never gets hot cause im not going fast or lugging it. The 5" didnt change things much cause im not dumping that much fuel to it. I went to the 5" though cause im planning for lots of fuel.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Gotta plan ahead. Sorry, I guess I just expect that everyone is towing SOMETHING with these things, that's WHY I bought mine! To each their own, if you just wanted a nice truck, more power to you. More power indeed!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.