DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2500 with I guess is pretty basic radio with one disc cd. I swear the radio sucks! What I mean is the sound is horrible to me. And then i tried the IPOD with one of those wireless deals and thats worse. CD sound sort of ok but is it just me? Is there a 'cheap' way to improve the sound like just swapping out the speakers or this needs a new headunit and speakers?
thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
989 Posts
i had the tape deck with only 4 speakers...EEK!

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
What an expensive piece of poo the stock system is. For a fraction of the price of a Dodge audio option upgrade you can transform your aural experience. :D
And if that upsets anybody who thinks there stock audio represents either quality or value for money I DO NOT CARE. The stock systems, even the Infinity or whatever it's called is a pile of junk compared to nearly anything else, I've had better reception on a baked bean can with a piece of string. Flame away. :D

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
Hmmm, I thought the stock system sounded pretty good. But then again, I listen to country. :( I do have a problem with the cd player making this clicking sound sometimes as it tries to read the cd. This is usually only when it is first turned on though, and a couple well placed smacks seems to fix the problem.

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
if you end up wanting to switch headunits i have a Sony one for sale if your interested, ive had it a few months sounds great just need to sell because i purchased an indash dvd player

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just trying to get out cheap as i am putting alot into it.. viper alarm, tint, bed cover, side steps etc. i would rather just swap out stck speakers first. but i surely want my ipod directly connected.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i like my 7 speaker infinity system. best part is....nobody will bust in and steal it.

mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
worry about the speakers first, you will get a much better sound with different speakers, even using the stock head unit.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Motohead said:
worry about the speakers first, you will get a much better sound with different speakers, even using the stock head unit.

True, but I had my Alpine hooked up for about 2 days before I installed anything else. I was surprised at the difference that made, but I don't know if the stock speakers could handle the extra power for long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.