·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notes: New cars in the pipeline; Toyota looms
By Dave Rodman, NASCAR.COM
July 1, 2005
11:37 PM EDT (03:37 GMT)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Chevrolet and Ford are seeking approval for new models to race in the 2006 Nextel Cup Series, while Toyota has satisfied all requirements to submit a car to compete in Nextel Cup or the Busch Series next season.

NASCAR vice president for competition Robin Pemberton on Friday said the sanctioning body had already looked at Chevrolet's new Monte Carlo and Ford's new model, which will be revealed to the media in Charlotte, N.C., on July 14.

Tony Stewart secures Bud Pole for Pepsi 400 at Daytona
• Lineup
• Practice Speeds
• Complete coverage

"We've had conversations with Toyota all along, even though they haven't officially thrown their hat in the ring," Pemberton said. "We've had good conversations with them and they're evaluating the Busch and Cup Series now -- though no decisions been made (on proceeding).

"They have done what they need to do by the (deadline), but they've made no official request to participate in 2006."

Pemberton said the deadline for getting a vehicle through the approval process -- which includes wind tunnel and track testing -- to race in either Nextel Cup or the Busch Series next season is Sept. 1.

:VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
at least its not like indy, theyre still running carbed pushrod v8s. toyota had to adapt to our sport. plus hasnt toyota already been in craftsman trucks for a few years?

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
so what are they gonna use as their car for nascar? the camry? or maybe the prius?

:thatfunny

·
Registered
337 Posts
PHUQQQQ TOYATSU SHIAMATO TAKAKANA MITSUTERIBIU JUINDESU DOIMATO ARIGAKANA SHIMASU TOYOTA!!!!!!

Toyota can go PHUQQQQ themselfs!

:shoot: Toyota :shoot: Toyota :shoot: Toyota :shoot: Toyota

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
It does suck, but whatcha gonna do. I'm not going to let it ruin me being a fan of NASCAR.

BTW, I think it will either be a Camry or Avalon.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Maybe in 2010 we'll see a Toyota Fine racing around Bristol, Talladega, and Darlington. Won't that be SCHAWEET!!! Hell, maybe even DW will jump on in with funny, cute, and homely tv commercials as well for the Fine car, in NASCAR trim no doubt!

I don't know bout ya'll, but I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...see, Toyatsu DOES have MUSCLE! Take a look....!
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/index.html

Attachments

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yikes! :SHK:

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Will they transform? LOL!!
I like how the lights glow from inside the rims on the first pic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Should they change the name to the NASCAR Ricer Cup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.