DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 GC 3.8L I got a cam sensor code and on this van the person who used to work on the van said sometimes and I've seen it online that a cam sensor code could also be a crankshaft sensor so best to replace both. So, last time both were changed and that fixed whatever the problem was then but this time both were changed and now I have a crank but no start. The van ran before the change but it was running a little ruff and occasionally stalling. So, why after changing the sensors did it go from running albeit not great to not wanting to start? The wires have been checked for power, ground, continuity etc. and all check out, checked relays and even swapped known good ones. Scanned for codes after new sensors and cleared codes but with the new sensors it still gets a cam sensor code. The sensors were even exchanged for new ones in case I got a bad one out of the box. It seems as though it's not getting any spark. What am I missing? Any tests that might be suggested a layman's explanation of how to do it would be greatly appreciated. Being disabled and on a fixed income makes darn near impossible to take it to a mechanic so I could use all the help I can get. TIA!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts