DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this cam from a friend that is a lead mech for dodge a few years back for $100 and wanted to know if it would be worth the time installing he said its a mild cam
Its a Crane Cam Powermax 2030 Part # 704121

lift- intake @ cam 286 @ valve 458
exhause @ cam 292 @ valve 467

Min RPM 1200
Max RPM 5200
valve float 5800

States it improves Lo and Mid-range Torque and Hp

i do not know a lot about cams would would like an opinion Its used is that ok? I was planning on installing it with new lifters and with the Edelbrock Heads or the R/T head and also with some rollerrockers

Im also thinking about stroking the 360 to a 408 - 426 would i need a bigger cam

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any suggestions or opinions need to make a decision soon

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is the same cam as the mopar performance one. Crane makes it for mopar. Talk to indyrm he had this cam in his truck at one time I believe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks hrusso ill see if he can help thanks chizzle1 ill keep that in mine. But will more than just see what it wiil do until i order the stroker kit

·
Registered
336 Posts
pase- Please keep us posted regarding the performance of this cam if you decide to install it. I was seriously considering installing this cam since it is CARB approved and stock pcm friendly. Very curious to see how it performs. Now with the SCT tuner, I believe I will go with something that is a little more aggressive. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will not install the cam until after christmas Im working to much right now and dont have time business should slow down by then Ill keep you informed thanks if anyone as experience with this cam please post any info thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.