DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for advice on a folding cover. I have seen the fiberglass ones and I dont think this will work for me. i want to be able to put stuff in there taller than the sidewalls. I have seen a dealer accessory of a folding panel type hard cover. Anyone ever used this?

Please let me know your experiences.

thanks kevin

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does it have to be a hard cover? I have the Truxedo Low-Pro on my truck and I love it to death. I snowboard a lot so it has had at least 30-50 pounds of snow on it and it didnt stretch out the fabric at all and when the snow melted away, it didn't harm any of the metal components at all or get into the bed where my clothes were (I have to mention I bought the weather seal kit for it). When you roll it up you lose about 5 inches of your truck bed so it pretty much gives you access to your whole bed. I have seen some of the hard folding types and it looks like it takes up 1-2 feet of your bed because the last fold has to sit in the bed. I would post pictures but I can't yet.

If it has to be the fiberglass/hard cover one I would suggest Pace Edwards. You're going to pay an arm and a leg but it's the best hard(non-fabric) cover and it will give you the most use of your bed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont get why people buy anything other than hard ones. Lets say you have a dresser or file cabinet to move. How would you do this? With this hard type.. you could fold up like one section. With the fabric/rib one.... it seems like a pain in the ass. I dont like the one piece either.

kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.