1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 07 RCSB 4x4 w/3.90 gears
He ran a PB 14.88 @89.91 2.12 60'
His mods at the time were: I/E and Superchips

Recently added BBK shorties and Magnaflox Y-pipe.

On average what do these trucks gain from shorties and Y-pipe?

Other question is has anyone put a 245/45/17 drag radial on their truck?
I have two from my GTO that are almost worn out and was thinking about him trying them out for a few passes to see if the better gearing would help him in the 1/4. Just not sure if they are too small.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The BBK's and Y will def help the truck, and the tires should help alot too. I don't think they are too small, between 26"-28" is where you want to be with the 3:92's. Set the rev limit to the max and max out the shift points and run the 91 tune. I have the same headers and Y with the SC, I will be going to the track on saturday for some new times. My best is a 14.90 @ 94.61 with a sidewinder and Edge tuner with stock cats and stock y, so I am hopeing for an improvment. You should try a short belt, they are good for about a tenth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if my math is correct the 245's would give him a 4.20ish gear. That should drop his 60' a little.

He keeps saying that he can feel the difference the BBK's and y-pipe made. He told me the other day the truck barked 2nd pretty good. I am thinking 14.6's would probably be a good guess.

Anyone know a good place to get a 17" spare. I figured he could use the one he has and pick up another. When you say short belt I am guessing you mean accessory belt.

Hey thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
No problem, try a wrecking yard for a spare rim. The short belt bypasses the AC and power steering. What is the diameter of the tires you have, I had 245/70/17 and they are 29", and the gear difference is huge, I get a nice scratch in second. If the DR's hook he will be in the low 14's. Does he have a CAI or the stock intake, if he has a intake try running without the filter, it does help a little.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I've seen new Dodge 17" steel rims on eBay for about $30-bucks.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, try a wrecking yard for a spare rim. The short belt bypasses the AC and power steering. What is the diameter of the tires you have, I had 245/70/17 and they are 29", and the gear difference is huge, I get a nice scratch in second. If the DR's hook he will be in the low 14's. Does he have a CAI or the stock intake, if he has a intake try running without the filter, it does help a little.
The Dr's are 26" . He has a AEM Brute Force. Thought about taking out the fog light and running some dryer vent hose up to the filter.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Run the hose to the pipe where the filter goes, remove the filter, you will nitice a little better air flow, and it wont hurt anything for a couple passes.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
for shortbelt go to auto store and get a 538K6 serpentine belt...it will bypass ac and powersteering...

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
He shouldn't need dr's in a 4x4 yet. Im running mid to low 13's in my 4x4 and street tires hook great.

4hi is great for the track.

But i would definately get 4 17 inch rims and some 28 inch tires.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
If he runs the dr's, he can run in 2wd and get better times, less drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If he runs the dr's, he can run in 2wd and get better times, less drivetrain loss.
That is what I was thinking. He launches in 2wd already with no wheelspin. The DR's are for the lower gearing.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
He shouldn't need dr's in a 4x4 yet. Im running mid to low 13's in my 4x4 and street tires hook great.

4hi is great for the track.

But i would definately get 4 17 inch rims and some 28 inch tires.
you have track times and you havent been on a 1/4 mile track yet

your just like fast 4.7

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.