DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Looks good dude. But you really shouldnt let your calipers dangle like that. made me cringe.
KB

·
Registered
184 Posts
KB112 said:
But you really shouldnt let your calipers dangle like that. made me cringe.
KB
Of all the pictures that is exactly what I was thinking at the end.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,696 Posts
I thought about the calipers,.. then I thought about it falling over. Yikes.. Only takes a fraction of a second for something to happen.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i was thinking..... thats all you have holding up that truck is one little bottle jack on the rear diff ?.... no jack stands or anything else? doesnt seem it would be very stable... :crazy: just my.02

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
That little jack!! OMG! Thanks for sharing pics and please get some jack stands under there.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Got alot of trust in that jack dont you...lol

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I hope you don't sneeze anywhere around that truck :D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Don't take this as anyone coming down on you or bagging on you bro. We're just wanting you to be safe when your doing your mods dude. :tup: Most auto places sell a 2 ton jack and 2 stand combo for like $20. I see them advertised at Kragen aka Checkers/Schucks all the time.

KB

·
Registered
345 Posts
my little brother used to jack up stuff like that and not use stands!!!! after years of drilling it into his head how unsafe it is... he finally got the point!!!! thank god!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
KB112 said:
Don't take this as anyone coming down on you or bagging on you bro. We're just wanting you to be safe when your doing your mods dude. :tup: Most auto places sell a 2 ton jack and 2 stand combo for like $20. I see them advertised at Kragen aka Checkers/Schucks all the time.

KB
you wont catch me under my truck with 2 ton jackstands. 3 ton the minimum. plus i have a hard time jacking up my car with a 2 ton jack, i wouldnt try it on my truck. last time i was at pep boys, they had a 3 ton jack with 2 stands and a creeper for like $50. i would get that.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Thank goodness you posted these pictures. It may have saved your life. You are possibly destroying your brakes and you have an incredibly unsafe and unstable raised vehicle there. Either thing could kill you very quickly. By one of the other pictures I can see you are less than 20 years old. Don't think we're being jerks. We want you to be safe so you can live to be 21 dude!!!

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
The truck looks great! but it would look better on some jackstands ;) You dont want to be wearing that thing as a hat, man ;)

Napa also sells a cheap floor jack/ jack stand combo, for around $75!

be safe :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks good! But please get some stands next time..

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
He will quit doing that when he has one fall. I had one come off the jack (without stands) when I was 19 or 20 and wasn't thinking (that was about 8 years ago) Needless to say that's the last time I didn't use jack stands!

·
15,912 Posts
I my time as an EMT I have had the unfortunate opportunity to have to respond to one where the vehicle came off the jack and was on top of the owner. The guy did not survive. Even just the nice 3 ton floor jack is not enough. The hydrolics can fail and then you are trapped. Get the jack stands.

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
yea, listen to these guys. my neighbor partially crushed his chest 2yrs ago in his dway working on his old ford with only a jack holding up his truck. luckily, he had a tire underneath his rotor or he would have been in a bodybag. your life is too precious not to take even the smallest precautions.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.