DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread somewhere that I can't find about a gurgling sound after installing a CAI, I just noticed mine, primarily when the AC is running. Anyone have any suggestions as to ways to fix this? Sounds Like an exhaust leak!

Also, I have a Tack sound (not a tick) a Tack (like metal on metal) that happens randomly even when I'm idleing but it is more prominent when I am driving. Sounds like its coming from the engine compartment somewhere but I don't know exactly any ideas? The truck only have 6k on it and its an 06...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, No one yet? I read a post recently that said something about the EGR making the Gurgling/"Flapping" sound. Does anyone have a product out there to correct this issue? What about the tacking sound.... I can even hear it now when the truck is off? I know that vehicles creak and tick when they are cooling down but this happens during sriving as well .... TACK.............................................TACK...... its wierd pretty noticeable sound. Please anyone?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I've heard about the sound on CAI before. Mine made something like that only at low rpm under slight load, it's normal, I know it blows. As far as the tapping I'd drop by a dealer. May be new to 06 may be normal they will let ya know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im wondering if they are going to whine that its my CAI thats making the tapping

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I doubt it, how can they expalin that when your truck is off?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
There is an EGR restrictor plate you can buy from one of our sponsors. Basically by removing the Hemi hat and installing the CAI you are allowing the EGR to resonate and echo louder. I have mine for sale for $15 and that includes shipping. I changed CAI's and don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
helo-pilot said:
There is an EGR restrictor plate you can buy from one of our sponsors. Basically by removing the Hemi hat and installing the CAI you are allowing the EGR to resonate and echo louder. I have mine for sale for $15 and that includes shipping. I changed CAI's and don't need it anymore.

PM me ill buy it from you

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Which sponsor sell the EGR restrictor plate?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have any ideas what the tapping sound is even after the truck is off? It happens about every 20 secs to 1 minute while running and when the truck if freshly turned off, along with the regular cool-down ticking a lound TAP about every 10 seconds. Anyone know what may be causing this problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.