DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to fix some burnt lights on the beast and take care of some other stuff today. Both license plate bulbs were out, the passenger side headlamp works when it wants to, and the drivers side needed adjusted. The passenger side was my biggest concern since it would come on and off whenever it wanted to. I knew it wasnt a bulb issue. Bulbs either work or they dont. They dont flash on and off. I figured maybe it was just getting some bad contact. Probably a free fix. Well it was getting bad contact......check this out!

Both headlamp sockets were burnt. Not a huge problem, but not happy.

So if you are experiencing the same symptoms as me check your sockets. If youve replaced the bulbs and still have the problem make sure you inspect the socket. Dont just throw the bulb in there and pop it back in. Youll be replacing bulbs left and right.

Anybody know a good place to get these online? I aint going to the dealership their too expensive.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
You can buy the sockets for like $6 at autozone. Just tell them you need 9006 headlight sockets. You splice them into the factory wiring and pop the bulbs in. You can even get higher wattage rated sockets too. Were you using any of those funky ebay blue "Xenon" "HID" etc type lights? They seem to burn shit up from time to time.

KB

· Registered
423 Posts
KB112 said:
You can buy the sockets for like $6 at autozone. Just tell them you need 9006 headlight sockets. You splice them into the factory wiring and pop the bulbs in. You can even get higher wattage rated sockets too. Were you using any of those funky ebay blue "Xenon" "HID" etc type lights? They seem to burn shit up from time to time.

KB

Don't you mean 9007? It's for his headlight.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I forget. :) I'm running 9005's in my fogs, I always gotta double check before buying bulbs. lol I just remember stock is 9006/9007 one of them is fogs, one is headlights.

KB

· Registered
423 Posts
It's cool i have to do the same. I am running 9005's in my fog lights also.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KB112 said:

KB

No sir. Sockets and bulbs were still factory at 70k miles I am assumin. Well the lightbulbs were. I wouldnt imgagine the previous owner would replace the sockets only and put OEM bulbs in it. I havent put any mods into my truck since I bought it used at 50k miles. Are those what the OEM sockets look like?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
FirstOnRaceDay said:
No sir. Sockets and bulbs were still factory at 70k miles I am assumin. Well the lightbulbs were. I wouldnt imgagine the previous owner would replace the sockets only and put OEM bulbs in it. I havent put any mods into my truck since I bought it used at 50k miles. Are those what the OEM sockets look like?
That is what the stock pigtails look like, but the ones from Autozone look like that as well. You would see where teh owner spliced into the factory wiring if that was an aftermarket pigtail.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HEMI450HP said:
That is what the stock pigtails look like, but the ones from Autozone look like that as well. You would see where teh owner spliced into the factory wiring if that was an aftermarket pigtail.
Yeah I figured it was stock but had me wonderin after I read that post. You guys are the gurus on these Dodges. LOL. I dont know crap about these things. Im a Ford fan. Not to stir any crap.

· I am Sean Connery...
8,819 Posts
FirstOnRaceDay said:
Yeah I figured it was stock but had me wonderin after I read that post. You guys are the gurus on these Dodges. LOL. I dont know crap about these things. Im a Ford fan. Not to stir any crap.

Flame on! lol. jk. Come on over to the better side, you won't regret it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.