DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine faltering badly when cold it will cough and sputter when hot no problems i have replaced EGR +transducer valves bud no luck 1992 3.9 anybody have any ideas help thanks Sam :help:

·
Registered
9 Posts
idle speed motor

Had the same problem with my '89 a few weeks ago. Replaced the idle speed motor, and it seemed to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samm1966 said:
Engine faltering badly when cold it will cough and sputter when hot no problems i have replaced EGR +transducer valves + o2 and temperature sensor bud no luck 1992 3.9 anybody have any ideas help Thanks Sam :help:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Samm1966 said:
Engine faltering badly when cold it will cough and sputter when hot no problems i have replaced the EGR +transducer valves hall pick up Smec computer box 2 temperature + Are charge Temperature sensor new spark plug and wires + Cab bud no luck 1992 3.9 Multi-port Injection. anybody have any ideas help Thanks You Sam :help:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
So you have multi-port injection and NOT TBI. You may have a bad IAC motor on the throttle body or the passages that are inside the throttle body may be plugged up.
IAC controls air flow at idle.

On the 4-cylinder engine the crankshaft position sensor is mounted to the transmission bell housing. On the V6 and V8 engines, the crankshaft position sensor is bolted to the cylinder block near the rear of the right cylinder head. On the V10 engine, the crankshaft position sensor is located on the right-lower side of the cylinder block, just above the oil pan rail.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hello Chump Thank You for the information .Yes i do have a multi-port injection how do you clean passages throttle body, and how can you tell if the IAC motor is bad . The motor idles real smooth so does the IAC controls the idle of the motor ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.