DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market to sell my old turbo and im wondering what to ask for it, it came off a 2001 CTD and is stock and i have no idea what they go for but i do know that my new one cost over a thousand dollars. Michigan Turbo told me about 200 dollars for a core is what they get and i guess that would be the minimum but i dont know, any suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree on the $200.
The local Cummins place told me $800 for a rebuilt one.
One can probably find some other ones for less than that.

Curious what your "other" problem was ?

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Check ebay motors or craigs list for pricing. Someone might need one for a core and take it off your hands quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the other problem was my crankcase ventilation tube got clogged up with ice and snow and it seemed like the turbo seals were bad because i had oil going into my intercooler and right on through out my tailpipe. i replaced the turbo, cleaned the intercooler, and the same thing happened again. then we found the canister full of snow and it now sits on the workbench

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I didn't know that can happen, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i called Michigan Turbo and they said they would buy it so i drove 60 miles to sell it to them and they claim they didnt have any use for it, they didnt want it and that id only get a few bucks scrap for it. Guess i wont do any more dealings with them.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Well i called Michigan Turbo and they said they would buy it so i drove 60 miles to sell it to them and they claim they didnt have any use for it, they didnt want it and that id only get a few bucks scrap for it. Guess i wont do any more dealings with them.
that sucks dude:tdwn:

makes ya wanna:whackit:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.