DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone had any problems with the rearends i got a 2001 ram 1500 4x4 and i checked the dope in the rear on the weekend and it was dirty than ever. i pulled the pan off and found good size chunks of the thrush washer/ spacer that keeps pressure on the limit slip plates luckily the C clip the holds the axle shaft wasn't sheared off yet but it was close. Any one that can help me out that would be great or that has a rear end available let me know. thanks :help: PS i got 3:55 in the rear.

·
Registered
314 Posts
sounds like you snapped the carrier pin bolt. Ive done it twice, if you didnt ovalize your carrier where the pin is, you can rebuild it. Or just go geta posi unit. The oem trac loc's are good. Clutch style posi and CHEAP. I got mine for 180. Just put a posi in it and call it a day. My .02

-josh

good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanx josh. Everything looks good all i had to buy is a rear end shim kit that has all the thrush washers, shims, etc and should have it hopely today too start puttin it back together. thanx again much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.