DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the power brake test and both tires would spin in the dirt - one a little more than the other, though. I’m confused. Well, that’s a general statement. More to the point, I still don’t know if I have an LSD.

My glove box says:

Axel - ratio - 3.92 (yea, knew that)
Axel - rear - corporate 9 (huh?)

I did a search on “corporate 9’ but couldn’t find the answer.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
No

You have a Corporate 9 1/4, they just cut it off before the whole thing gets type. That same sticker would say you have an "anti-spin" differential if you did have one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I do not have a LSD. I would expect that such a sales feature would be highlighted but since it did not say. . . both wheels spining in the dirt. . . I had to confirm. Sorry, I am an engineer, not too smart of one, but my life is still all about confirming things.

So Bill, Thank You

·
Registered
219 Posts
Even in dirt an open rear end only one tire will spin, no gear attached. Check your axel for a sticker it will say, mine says 3.55 open. Glove box sticker just like yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks moparman. I remember seeing that sticker when I was doing the exhaust and the lift. I just didn’t know what “open-case” meant. It does indeed say 9.25 DR-4X2 3.92 OPEN-CASE. Anyways, I wanted to show the two wheel spin so no one would think me a liar.
Pic #1 shows a power brake spin (as several had said was a way to tell if you have a LSD) and pic #2 shows a spin with my foot off the brake. I would kick my butt for digging up my front yard except that hurricane Ivan pretty much destroyed it already - who cares about a couple ruts when I still have to drive around leaning trees to get out of the yard.
And that isn’t a game boy covering my tag, it’s a digital oscilloscope (in the middle of tuning my stereo today). What do you mean by "no gear attached"?

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would think that open means only one axel shaft is attatched (in contact with) to the gears. I've tried that myself and only had one tire spin, I would contact the dealer and see if they changed it for some reason

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
my truck is open diff. and it will do the same thing(2 strips) but as soon as i put it in the dirt and got stuck........only one tire would turn. that one really upset me.. then again i thought it was lsd untill that day then i started looking at the truck and finding the tags on the diff and the glove box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.