DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chuckster
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting on my 2012 Ram 1500 Crew 4X4 to arrive, and am looking for the best A/T tire I can put on it. 80% highway driving (so do not want to noisy), needs to be good for a Canadian winter. I am down to these two tires. Would appreciate opinions from those that have used one or the other, or both. Thanks

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
I'm in the same boat but I'm also considering the Nitto Terra Grapplers:

or the BFGoodrich Rugged Terrains:

What I like about the BFG rugged terrains is they aren't expensive and they have a 50,000 mile warranty

Either way I'm going to get the LT version of these tires because I seem to get a lot of flats from ranches I visit (thorns and such) and the thicker ply of the LT as apposed to the P's should help with that

·
Registered
563 Posts
Guy I work with got the Silent Armor and he said they were pretty good on his truck. I just ordered Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 for mine so I can't comment on how good they are.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm in the same boat but I'm also considering the Nitto Terra Grapplers:

or the BFGoodrich Rugged Terrains:

What I like about the BFG rugged terrains is they aren't expensive and they have a 50,000 mile warranty

Either way I'm going to get the LT version of these tires because I seem to get a lot of flats from ranches I visit (thorns and such) and the thicker ply of the LT as apposed to the P's should help with that
Same boat and considering 275/65r20

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just had the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor installed on my 2010. So far, I love them. Very smooth and quiet, great on wet and dry roads. I have not seen any snow or ice with them yet, but since they are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol (the Cooper is not), they should be fine. As they have passed all the same testing as a dedicated winter tire.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I ran the silent armors for 4 yrs and 50K on my '03. They worked great right up until I sold the truck with them still on. The winter performance was the best I had ever experienced from an AT tire. Plus a rather decent warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought Cooper at3's and i'm very happy with their performace. Quiet, good ride and good traction. I haven't had a chance to test them in alot of snow yet but, they did just fine in the snow so far. Also, they are made in america which means alot to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am running the Wranglers as well - put them on a year and a half ago - I drive a wide range of roads including gravel and like the tire.

Although I am going to put some 22's on next spring for summer tires the Wranglers do a very good job in the summer with dry traction (I am running the TVS 2300 magna charger).

Bottom line I would recommend them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh and I am based in Calgary and drive numerous oil field roads in Northern AB and BC.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I bought Cooper at3's and i'm very happy with their performace. Quiet, good ride and good traction. I haven't had a chance to test them in alot of snow yet but, they did just fine in the snow so far. Also, they are made in america which means alot to me.
i like buying "made in the usa" also, but where do they get thier materials from? back on track.

put silent armors on wife's grand cherokee, running for 2 years now, great tire in all conditions. holding up well. may be the only decent tire goodyear makes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.