DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for help with my cooling system issues. Let me start with this I've had the head gaskets replaced had milled and resurfaced I have replaced the radiator water pump and thermostat and coolant bottle I am fairly positive that the heater core is in good shape I have used the Miller system to burp the system and have got all the air out of the system yet when I cool down and start the engine again and come up to operating temperature and i flucuate in temp to the point to where the fans have to bring the temp down again.... the coolant in the Phil bottle never seems to find level goes up and comes back down it goes up and comes back down again but while using the Miller system I'll burp all the air out of it and it will hold temperature.and will
maintain level... ultimately what happens is is that the level will rise and blow all the anti-freeze out of the bottle like it's pulling in air the heads were done the intake was done what is left any answers it all out there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The oil is also clean I get no white smoke out of the exhaust and it purrs like a kitten but yet seems to be air bound...where can it be pulling air into the system everything is tight now

·
Registered
183 Posts
if the cooling system is making air they sell a head gasket leak detector in the auto parts store. i would start there i would also pressure test the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your response snow chief I ordered the leak detector from Amazon it's a double chamber checker to reduce false positives I just hope that it's not that because we just had the heads done we did a pressure check on the system and it seems solid but it head gaskets can be tricky so I spent the $65 on the leak checker... I will update you with the results thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.