DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 4.7 dodge durango, 64000 on it. I was planning on changing my anti-freeze before the summer hits, but i cant find where the drain on the radiator is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
I'm guessing it is probably the same as mine, but not sure. If so, check the lower part of the radiator on the driver's side. There should be a drain plug there. Not exactly easy to see or get to unless you remove the fan shroud. Even easier if you remove the fan. That's a bit more work than needed though unless you simply cannot get to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Be careful!! They break real easy. I know this from experience. I have mine done at the dealer now. I ldo mine every couple of years. You are at the right time but I would just drain the radiator and refill it.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
You don't need to remove the shroud or fan. Remove the bottom cover. I know the plastic cover under the engine is constructed a little different than the 5.2/5.9 but I assume the radiators are the same. Here is how to get at it on the 5.2/5.9 http://www.dakota-truck.net/UPGRADES/TSTAT/index.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.