DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im thinking bout maybe a performance radiators any ideas? i wanna do a 180 t stat as well, but i dontknwo what one to go with, any ideas on either of them be appreciated thanks

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was lookin around doing my usual hunting an i seen koyo radiators but i didnt read to much about it said it fit our truck. didnt know if anyone heard of it before

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
no one on here has an aftermarket radiator that i know of. Its more of a diesel thing around these here parts...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Bob was working on a aftermarket radiator with a built in electric fan combo. I dont know how far he got on it, but I talked to him on it for like 30 mins one day. He was working with a major radiator manufacturer.

May be worth a email to him and see how far he got.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've haven't had a problem with my rad , nor do I know of anybody who had a problem with one other than a guy who put a bolt through his.

·
Wilson
971 Posts
I can't think of a way to make one better than stock design. To me its basically a flat bucket with fins. Not much room to improve on the concept of a bucket. Maybe larger coolant capacity, or higher coolant flow? :dunno:

Maybe I should buy some stockers and paint em' then I could sell them on ebay as high performance. $$$ :D

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Just do an E-fan and a 180 degree stat....

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinkng bout the electric radiator fan, but i keep hearing problems with them, not turning on or not turning off....but i am deffinitly gonna go with the 180 stat. what if i replaced all my radiators with 2500 radiators?

·
Wilson
971 Posts
I wouldnt think replacing the radiator with 2500 radiator would make any difference if it works at all. Temp is controlled by the t-stat anyways. As far as e-fan goes i would def do that. That will open up more HP.

http://www.airram.com/product.php?categoryid=656&productid=18 He's a sponsor here.

The viper fan is on back order

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yeah, whats wrong with the stocker. Just install a 180 or 160 if the 180 doesn't cut it.
I think he was just working on a way to improve the cooling volume while staying with in the small area that Dodge has there.

Out of all the 1500 sized trucks, Dodge has one of the smallest radiators. Again, your right, the stock if fine. I think it was meant for those who want to run some major power in hotter areas.

·
Registered
448 Posts
BY:electricmarquis:Out of all the 1500 sized trucks, Dodge has one of the smallest radiators. Again, your right, the stock if fine. I think it was meant for those who want to run some major power in hotter areas.
The reason dodge can get away with a smaller radiator is because they do not have the a/c condensor in front of them adding heat.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Just do an E-fan and a 180 degree stat....
Best advice out there.
Trucks warms up faster,stays cooler in traffic,and better performance and gas mileage.
In 2 years of towing my controller has worked without a single glitch.
Just buy a kit,dont piece it together and expect it to work right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.