·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to finishing the emblem painting and a couple other things:

Painted Chrome Emblems:

Mopar wheel well liners:

Bak Flip Tonneau:

I have a Black Stubbie antenna on the way from Moes and the Grille is on deck for the black out as soon as I can find some plastic adhesion promoter.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
DUDE!!! I love the blue and black theme,It just looks very unique and very bad ass :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Just waiting on those headlights from ya CRMRAM to help complete the package. I'm #9. :cool:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I like the look you have going. Very unique...:tup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
what did u do just take them off an paint them then re tape them an put them back?

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
Nice work , Looks sharp that black on the blue really pops out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AndyK1 said:
what did u do just take them off an paint them then re tape them an put them back?
Nope they were painted on the truck. I used blue painters tape and an x-acto knife to tape them off. That took about (2) hours on each side then scuffed them with sandpaper and cleaned them with alcohol and a tack cloth. I used Krylon Fusion spraypaint for Plastics and covered them with (3) coats of Dupont clear coat spray. I just hope they hold up.

·
RAIDER FAN
2,690 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
damn that looks great an i wanted to do it but wasent sure about taking them off an putting them back on lol not sure i got the nerves for doin that lol

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
i like the look. Back flip looks great. I need to get one.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AndyK1 said:
damn that looks great an i wanted to do it but wasent sure about taking them off an putting them back on lol not sure i got the nerves for doin that lol
Me either, I just took the tailgate off and worked on it first. There was less pressure working with the 4X4 emblem with the tailgate on my workbench cuz I knew if it diddn't pan out I'd just de-badge it.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Pull back and lets see some full pictures. You have a great looking truck!

KB

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
KB112 said:
Pull back and lets see some full pictures. You have a great looking truck!

KB
Agreed. That truck is sick! :rck:

·
OH Snap!
503 Posts
That looks great man. It seems everyones copying my black badges. Sure feels good to be a trend setter. :D I took mine off the truck to paint them though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
98v10ram said:
That looks great man. It seems everyones copying my black badges. Sure feels good to be a trend setter. :D I took mine off the truck to paint them though.
How have they held up?? I 'd like to make the decision to debadge before the color fades.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I did mine a couple months ago, but I did a rush job and they are peeling bad. I also didn't use any clear because I wanted the flat black look. It looks like you used clear so that should help with them looking good for longer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.