DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time user and first time Dodge owner.

I have a 2003 Dakota Quad Cab and I have been having a problem with constant overheating. Every time I get the darn thing fixed, a month later I am in the shop again.

It keeps happening when I am stuck in traffic but when as soon as I clear the traffic the temp goes down. It has very rarely went completely in the red but I am getting to the point where I have no confidence in driving the truck. I have replaced the clutch fan, thermostat, rad hose and cap and the funny thing is there is not a drop of fluid in the cylinder heads. The rad fluid keeps getting pushed into the overflow.

Need some help!

·
Registered
352 Posts
try "water wetter" drops temp by 20% according to pacage or turn fan onto defrost (windshield) will turn on electric fan (works on a 2000 dak anyways)

·
Registered
7 Posts
radiator

I had the same problem untill I found out that my radiator was plugged had to replace it then all was better.

·
um......howdy?
275 Posts
electric fan not working?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check that the electric fan comes on when you turn on the AC or when in Defrost mode, if not trace it down to a blown fuse or bad relay or temp sensor. If that is in working order then the next obvious would be to replace the radiator as the other components have already been replaced.

·
Registered
827 Posts
check the electric rad fan. pcm will attempt to turn it on at 215 ish degrees. it should also be on all the time with a/c on.

also could try a new rad cap..........21(?) pound NOT the normal 16 lb cap as on other vehicles

·
Registered
1 Posts
silvrbeastjr. said:
electric fan not working?
that was my problem.
While driving, temps were down. Stuck in traffic was a different story. It turns out that the fan clip broke and the plug came undone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.