DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, this is like my third time thinking about it haha.

Have some questions again. I am thinking Pacesetter long tubes and off road y-pipe. they seem to have the best bang for the buck. How is the fitment on 4x4's now?

Also, I have a 04 and I have 2 cats. How do i get away without cats. I dont really want a check engine light. Manly cause I do have to pass emissions test.

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
I saved up and went with the Dynatech Supermaxx header system on my old 04 and never had a problem with the system. I'd do it again if I had the money. :D

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't think you can pass emissions without cats, at least not where I live. You would have to know the person doing the inspection to get away with it.

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saved up and went with the Dynatech Supermaxx header system on my old 04 and never had a problem with the system. I'd do it again if I had the money. :D
Those sure are nice but i cant afford 1400 for headers

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Non foulers and steel wool trick will help keep the codes at bay.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
you could gut the cats so it looks like you have them. then like said by kb112 use non foulers and steel wool. as long as you dont have a sniffer test.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i passed emissions in MD with my pacesetters/OFY pipe, i dont even have the rear 02s connected to anything, just deleted the codes with my programmer and that lasted like 30 miles, so i made sure to get the emissions test in that small window lol

·
Once and future owner
3,061 Posts
Those sure are nice but i cant afford 1400 for headers
I understand. I managed to get them through a group buy several months ago but they worth it to me. Good luck man. :rck:

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just to make sure I have this right, with long tubes a ORY pipe, i will have to ditch the 2 cats, right?

I havent been under the truck in a while so I forgot how far back they are.

Oh and no sniffer test here, so maybe i can get away with out cats....

Also, can anyone comment on the fitment issues on the 4x4?

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what all am I goin to need to buy if I decide to bite the bullet?

Is this a bolt up, besides trimmin the ear?

Do i need to drill extra holes for O2 sensors?

If I decide to run no cats, I may get a check engine light even if I use non foulers, right? Couldnt I just clear the code if I get with my superchips? Will running with that light on cause any problems?

·
Banned
924 Posts
you need new gaskets, figure out if you want to use stage 8 locking bolts or the ones that come with the pacesetters.
it is a bolt up besides trimming the ear.
if you run no cats, i am pretty sure there is no reason to have bungs for for the rear sensors, you should be able to just tie them up somewhere, some get codes some dont, if you do get them you can clear them with the SC but they may come back, running with the light wont cause problems, its pretty annoying though

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know, this is like my third time thinking about it haha.

Have some questions again. I am thinking Pacesetter long tubes and off road y-pipe. they seem to have the best bang for the buck. How is the fitment on 4x4's now?

Also, I have a 04 and I have 2 cats. How do i get away without cats. I dont really want a check engine light. Manly cause I do have to pass emissions test.
yea man...look if you do keep your cats make sure the o2s go right back where they came from... cause if they or you:dunno: move them back like i did:( you will be tripping codes for like po153 or something like that...

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
I think you and I covered most of the basics over the phone.

If you want to run it without cats, then just use the bungs in the Pacesetter collectors for your front sensors, and then have 2 bungs welded for your rear sensors. Most guys dont get a code as long as you use non-foulers. If it still gives you trouble, then the steel wool should do the trick.

Also, Pacesetter only lists 1 part# for the 2wd and 4wd, so you are good to go ;)

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/quiktrip.php

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think you and I covered most of the basics over the phone.

If you want to run it without cats, then just use the bungs in the Pacesetter collectors for your front sensors, and then have 2 bungs welded for your rear sensors. Most guys dont get a code as long as you use non-foulers. If it still gives you trouble, then the steel wool should do the trick.

Also, Pacesetter only lists 1 part# for the 2wd and 4wd, so you are good to go ;)

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/quiktrip.php

Yea I think we did Matt haha. However, when I hung the phone, I did some checking on running off road headers here in AK. All, with the emissions test we have to do here, it includes a visual. and apparently they are stick on headers and no carb sticker no IM sticker :( :( :(.

Not sure if I want to spend the money on mids if there isnt much gain.

So plan B, with the mods you have to your CTD, how does it feel. Think it will run low 14s?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Yea I think we did Matt haha. However, when I hung the phone, I did some checking on running off road headers here in AK. All, with the emissions test we have to do here, it includes a visual. and apparently they are stick on headers and no carb sticker no IM sticker :( :( :(.

Not sure if I want to spend the money on mids if there isnt much gain.

So plan B, with the mods you have to your CTD, how does it feel. Think it will run low 14s?
In that case, look into those Edelbrock mids I was telling you about. They are carb approved, and make great power for a mid length header.

As for the CTD...It is probably a low 15 second truck the way it sits right now. I havent tried the highest performance setting on the Edge programmer because I am scared of messing up the tranny. Also, the intake is not installed yet.

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In that case, look into those Edelbrock mids I was telling you about. They are carb approved, and make great power for a mid length header.

As for the CTD...It is probably a low 15 second truck the way it sits right now. I havent tried the highest performance setting on the Edge programmer because I am scared of messing up the tranny. Also, the intake is not installed yet.
Do they make good power for $500? That could be an option.

What setting do you run? Mileage decent on that setting?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
With you guys that are running w/o cats, did you see any increase or decrease in mpgs?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.