DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hears the problem i have a full size 02 conversion van and i tow a camper so i wanted to change the comp settings for towing. now the problem is they dont make a comp changer for the van format . my question is can i take a comp from a full size ram truck and plug it in and will it work? then i will be able to use the programmer to make my changes?
2002 dodge full size van 318 4 speed od 3:93 gears. thanks Tony. :help:

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yes..it should work. The OEM p/n for the Ram Van is the same as a Ram pickup. However, if you buy a computer for a Ram pickup, it must have the same drivetrain setup as your van's.

The performance computer doesn't care if it's a van or truck that it's going into, you just have to make sure the drivetrains are identical. (to repeat myself ;))

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I don't understand the question. You asking if the computer could cause the whine?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
No..generally a whine like you're describing is a mechanical issue not electrical. The reprogram you speak of is when the dealer will "flash" the PCM with new info. to help running problems with the engine.

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
Vivitron,

It seems to me that we both have the SAME Ram Van with the engine and rear end. Mine is a 2001 and you have a 2002. See my signature and picture for the details. The other thing my B2500 has is 12-passenger seating. ;)

My travel-trailer camper is 3,000lbs and 4,500lbs fully loaded. The Roadmaster made a big difference with the towing in the rear and great handleing control.

What are you towing for a camper? (length, weight, make and manufacture)

For an addtional peep and a few more hp, relocate the IAT from off of the engine intake manifold to the air housing hose that runs from the front grill to the TB. There are simple mods for this on the internet in various Dodge forums and blogs too. When I do mine, I plan on making a DIY page with step-by-step pictures like the IAC cleaning process or the crank case breather mod. I've also done a battery case mod so as to replace the head lamp without removing the battery.

If you are towing, I would recommend the crank case breather mod. This greatly reduces the problem of having oil blown onto the air filter that could rob air getting to the TB, mpg, and a clogged filter over a short period of time. Just do a search under my ID here for the forum thread.

Another good mod, in this forum, is the electrical fan mod. This replaces the front fan to save mpg, reduces engine noise, and is more compact in the engine compartment.

I've also towed the same TT camper with the other Ram Van, the 2000 V6 B1500. It's not a problem on flat roads or small hills. However, on regular hills or better grades, the V6 tanks out.

The forums are a great place to learn. Even doing a past search of topics provides a wealth of knowledge here.

Welcome and hand around for awhile.

I'm a forum memeber on RV.net as well under the ID of Stev_In_ Niagara. I live outside of Niagara Falls.

Stev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.