DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I finally did it! After searching for a year, and talking myself out of it twice I finally got the Cummins on May 5. I found one for $18K, I felt I could not pass this one by. It's a 2001, 49K miles, automatic, all original other than the K&N air filter.

Now I'm wanting to do some mild modifications, I'm looking for better fuel economy and reliability. The first mod is to be a fuel pressure guage, Geno's Garage seems to be the place to get this. THe second mod will be a computer box, an Edge EZ, a SuperTuner, a 'JET' module, etc. So my question is which box offers the best compromise for:

1.--Fuel Economy
2.--Mild Horsepower increase
3.--Ease of installation (and removal)
4.--Reliability
5.--Cost

The truck is currently a daily driver, about 20 miles round trip, I don't plan to be pulling any trailers in the near future. But I do expect to be moving back to the midwest later this year to help with the family farm. So I will need some additional HP in the future.

So, what is the best box to get? And thank you for your replies!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have an Edge EZ box on mine and I really like it. Could be for sale tho if you're lookin for one! I am lookin to upgrade to a Comp or Comp Drag box. The EZ can be installed in less than 5 min. It adds very nice throttle response and the truck still gets decent mileage. (I actually lost about 4 mpg with it but that is with 80 hp injectors and the box set on 3 all the time).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.