DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need some help - I have a 360mag with stock heads milled down .015 and cylinders .030 over with a stock dished piston. Combustion chambers have been CCd at 63.3ccs. Got a reg Fel-Pro gasket 9898 PT-1 which compresses some where around .054 or could get the other 1008 one that’s around .047 if I remember right. What kind of compression am I looking at ? I tried crunching the numbers but must be missing something as I don’t know the dish numbers. Just to be clear I could get the thinner gaskets just want to see if what I’ve got will work. Not looking to be crazy just want to step up performance a bit and I’m not real knowledgeable about stuff like compression or cam lobes etc. Cam is from Hughes HER0814AL if that matters. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
should b a lot like my build. mid 9s. also once everything is primed check the compression numbers per cylinder. a reliable performer should push 170psi per cylinder and not vary per cylinder any more beyond 5%. any cylinder producing less 100psi is only a parasitic drag which will cause issues elsewhere in the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.