DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all know I'm going to be doing the dohc swap soon (hopefully this spring). I know that with the sohc pistons my compression will be lowered, but does anyone know to what? I'm also trying to figure out how much I should shave the head to get the compression back up. Also what would be the most I could safely shave the head?

Any help is appreciated.

off to search on the .org :(:bawl:

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
You know I have a set of new looking Pistons in the motor I am takeing out my car. You could just get new rings, have the block honed and insert some dohc pistons. There is your fix! LOL

Not saying that you shouldn't have that head shaved. Im just not to keen on the idea of makeing an interferance motor have even closer tolerances. Thats just me!

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Shave the head mate. After doing it, its alot of work in switching pistons. U always need new parts and labour done. $$$$ add up fast!

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Shave the head mate. After doing it, its alot of work in switching pistons. U always need new parts and labour done. $$$$ add up fast!
LOL You should know!

Seeing how it's not off topic.

On a non interferance motor like the 2.4L im putting in. How much could you have a head shaved? Im thinking of porting, polishing my one 2.0 head and getting it decked. That way it's ready in the event of gasket failure! lol

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do plan on shaving it, but IDK how much yet. i still haven't searched for info on it yet. I guess i will have to do that soon.

And ACR I know what ya mean it kinda worries me no that I think about it, but it's been done several times so I know its safe-ish.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont plane the heads too much if at all...a port and polished head will make more HP for ya
That is true but it will also cost an ass load more than just shaving the head, which is pretty cheap.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I might just not do anything to it now. I just got hired for a second job as a delivery driver for Jimmy Johns, so I think I might just make this car into mpg machine. I kinda want a newer less junky car any way. So i might have a bunch of parts up for sale soon.

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Its about time u realised that!
Dump that rust bucket and get something else.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its about time u realised that!
Dump that rust bucket and get something else.
Lol, I realized that its a rust bucket a long time ago, I just never had the money to do anything about it. At my current job I work all of 10 hours a week. I should be making more in one day as a delivery boy than i did in a week at Fed-Ex.

I think I'm going to be looking In to a Mini Cooper. If I can find one I like for around 10k that would be sweet. I've seen them in that price range on craigslist before. So I'm hoping.

And don't worry I'm not gonna sell the neon ever, because I have way to much time and work into it, and because it would only be worth like $100 how it sits right now. If even that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.