DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..so I am cruising through town and I notice a very nice looking Gen 1 Dakota in a parking place and as I pass, I get to watch him roll up his rear window.. ok.. im not sure on the exact year.. just that it was a Gen1 Dakota (yes.. I went back for a second look).. but did dodge ever actualy put that into one of their dakotas .. I assume it's a mod someone had done, right? I'd really like to have one of those.. I've seen them do it on Pimp My Ride (haha).. the entire back glass rolls down like a Limo Partition.. any ideas on that?

Thank you,
-Jason

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Wow. I've seen the power sliding windows on some brand new trucks, but never heard of that. Sounds sweet though!! I'll have to check and see if its a JCWhitney kind of thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Smooth Wiper Cowl (Can Anyone Help Me Out?) :huh:
Isn't the openings on the cowl how you get your fresh air for your heating system?

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure about that.. I've seen other people who have had their wiper cowls smoothed out though.. I'll check on it

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still wondering about this roll-down back glass... It's obviously custom... How hard would that be to achive? Summer is coming up and it'd be nice to be able to watch the back glass just disappear on a hot day! Any tech tips? I'm thinking of going to a body shop here in Hushton GA where they do some custom work and see what the say...

·
Registered
126 Posts
That rear window deal is a mod, they didn't make such a option on the Dak's I remember back in the late 80's there was a company that made a power rear window kit for trucks, seen it in some Rangers, don't know if they made it for a Dak or not but for sure its a mod.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... Do you think anymore of those kits could still be floating around? By chance do you remember the company name?

Anyone have any idea easily a body shop could do this? There is a shop around here that does a bit of custom work but nothing outrageous (that I know of)...

Thanks,
-Jason

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am a bodyman by trade, the trucks I seen it in were some conversion's built back in the late 80's, the trucks were "bigfoot" trucks built from 4x4 x-cab rangers, the reason I remember them is because the back windows were leaking, the installs were pretty nasty on them. I wouldn't fool with them if it were me.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh... so you think it'd be a bad idea? Or would someone who knew what they were doing, could they do it? Hmmm

·
Registered
182 Posts
The power sliding window was made directly through Mopar but I haven't seen once since the early 90s.

·
long, black, lean
316 Posts
its not some home grown mod. i know they make them, a friend has it on his full size chevy. he hits a switch on the dash, and the whole back glass is motored down behind the seat.

but i could not find any info for daks. when i see him again, ill ask where he got his.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya we have a custom body shop here and they can do almost anything... I am going to get an estimate on it but its like an hour away so it wont be any day soon... Think it would cost over $500? Hmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.