DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a used 6.1 intake and the installtion kit required to install it on your 03-05 HEMI Ram truck.

This includes:
Complete 6.1 intake (TB, injectors, sensors, fuel rail etc)
Modified timing cover and brackets
Modified engine harness
Cold Air Intake
EGR Plumbing kit (required for 04/05)

This kit may also fit the 2006 HEMI Ram but I can't confirm that.

The price is $1,100 shipped. (lower 48 us) I accept Paypal and all major credit cards. These parts new cost over $1,700.

I have only had this kit on my truck for a short time. It works great and makes great power! I got an 03 truck and have a modified 6.1 intake that I am going to install on it with a modified installation kit as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cold air intake is different from what's shown in the pics. It's aluminum and places the filter down by the frame of the truck.

This kit also requires the use of an electric fan if you don't have one I can sell you one very cheap.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
any modification to the heads needed? and im gussing you would need some shorty plug wires?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need the shorty plug wires, I figure most people had those already. I have the 6.1 coil packs so I forgot about the wires.

You can run the heads just as they are, or you can open them up a little to fit the intake better. I also have a used set of 5.7 CNC ported Heat Performance heads that have the 6.1 intake window already ported into them. $1,500 + your stock 5.7 heads.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i am interested in it but was wondering how much low end torque i will gain? And i have to get shorty wires or 6.1L coil packs,(are they better than shorty wires)? Also you need my timing cover and wiring harness. If i have to get a fan ($250), wires($80), intake ($1100) what else? Is it really worth it? I would also like to run NOS with this setup is that a problem? BTW i posted on DTW as same user name.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
356 rwhp & 346 rwtq and it gets about 19 mpg on the freeway at 75-80 mph. This combination also pushed my QC to a 13.96 @ 94.7 mph in the 1/4 mile.

This combo makes more torque across the entire powerband. It's a better setup for NOS than the plastic intake that has horrible routing for the air inside of it.

I can get you shorty wires for about $50.

I think the 6.1 coil packs are better than the 5.7 coil packs, but they run another $300 to your total, plus they require the 6.1 valve cover which are about $100. Will you see $400 worth of difference in the 6.1 coil packs, no, you should only do those if you want the complete 6.1 motor look like I have.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That is an AWESOME set-up! Wish my funds were up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
how can i get a hold of you for payment info, i'd like to talk to u about a couple more things, maybe give me a call or I can call you. In livein michigan is that a problem in shipping. and my cell number is 989-245-5588 call any time

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Post #12
356 rwhp & 346 rwtq and it gets about 19 mpg on the freeway at 75-80 mph. This combination also pushed my QC to a 13.96 @ 94.7 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Was this when your truck was stock? With just this combo?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just realized my signature still says 6.1 motor. I took that motor out and put the stock 5.7 short block back in with the heads & intake that I am selling now. The only other mods I had that were not in my list were custom toner ring and Motoblue pulley.

·
Registered
107 Posts
just had to buy a torque converter it may be a week or two before i get the cash saved back up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.