DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're not aware of this site, it has some good information on vehicle consumer complaints, recalls & tsbs.

I looked at the 04 1500 ram and the most recurring complaints were with stalling and brake rotors. There were several with rear axle failure resulting in accidents. I know a few on here have found broken clips when changing their gear lube.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/

Some of the complaints are pretty entertaining like the following.

Attachments

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Pretty cool site
I like this one -

Make: DODGE
Model: 1500
Type: TRUCK
Year: 2003
Complaint Number: 10078635
Summary:
I OWN A 2003 DODGE RAM TRUCK WITH THE 5.7L HEMI ENGINE THAT IS ONE YEAR OLD AND HAS 9100 MILES ON IT. SEVEN MONTHS AGO, AT ABOUT 4,000 MILES, THE ENGINE STARTED TO MAKE A LOUD TAPPING NOISE. IT SOUNDS LIKE A VALVE TAPPING AND IS VERY NOTICEABLE.*AK IF YOU LISTEN TO THE ENGINE FROM BELOW BY THE OIL PAN, IT SOUNDS LIKE A DIESEL ENGINE. I HAVE BROUGHT IT TO MY DODGE DEALER THREE TIMES; THEY SAY IT IS NORMAL FOR THE HEMI ENGINE. THE OIL HAS BEEN CHANGED EVERY 2500 MILES OR LESS ON THIS ENGINE. THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR ANY GASOLINE ENGINE, IT SOUNDS LIKE THE VALVE TRAIN IS OIL STARVED ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE ENGINE. I AM A MEMBER OF THE LARGEST DODGE FORUM ON THE INTERNET. ABOUT 15% TO 20% OF OUR HEMI TRUCK OWNERS HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND THEIR DEALERS SAY THAT IT IS NORMAL. IF IT WERE NORMAL, ALL THE HEMI ENGINES WOULD DO THIS. I AM CONCERNED THAT THIS ENGINE WILL FAIL PREMATURELY BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM THAT DC DOES NOT WANT TO ADMIT THAT THERE PRICED HEMI ENGINE HAS ISSUES.

Think he's from here??????

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
I was going to go there and post a similar story for my tick, but when I click on their links I get the ol' ERROR message.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I get error messages as well ... looks like somebody needs a new webmaster :WHT:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
LiZrD said:
I get error messages as well ... looks like somebody needs a new webmaster :WHT:
Ditto.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ditto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
DonRam said:
I looked at the 04 1500 ram and the most recurring complaints were with stalling and brake rotors.
I think it was the same with the 03. Atleast with mine :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.