DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,
I have a 1980 B300 camper van that I'm looking to fix up. I have the opportunity to buy an '84 B100 for parts, minus the engine and transmission. Will the doors and windows/windshield fit? What about suspension and steering?
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. My doors are in really rough shape.
Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
89 B350 5.9L OneTonVan
97 Posts
If they look similar (the doors) then they are the same.
1971 - 2003 was a long running platform , but the earlier vans had a space (and another window) in between pass entry door and pass side cargo door.
Those cargo doors might not interchange between designs.
The very front doors will likely swap for all of them

I am not completely fluent about when that design change started - that i just mentioned.
But more than likely 80 and 84 shared the same pass side configuration w/o the extra space rearward of the pass entry door.

On suspension , steering , brakes - probably not very much will interchange due to the B100 and B300 being half-ton and One-Ton . You can cross-reference the listings on RockAuto between a 1980 and a 1984 and see about it.

Windshield would interchange
Glass - same answer as the doors - if they look similar - they are the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they look similar (the doors) then they are the same.
1971 - 2003 was a long running platform , but the earlier vans had a space (and another window) in between pass entry door and pass side cargo door.
Those cargo doors might not interchange between designs.
The very front doors will likely swap for all of them

I am not completely fluent about when that design change started - that i just mentioned.
But more than likely 80 and 84 shared the same pass side configuration w/o the extra space rearward of the pass entry door.

On suspension , steering , brakes - probably not very much will interchange due to the B100 and B300 being half-ton and One-Ton . You can cross-reference the listings on RockAuto between a 1980 and a 1984 and see about it.

Windshield would interchange
Glass - same answer as the doors - if they look similar - they are the same.
Thanks very much. On my way to check it out today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.