DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a remote start system that works for a 6 spd(06 2500 mega cab)? Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had a Crimestopper starter/alarm installed on mine a few months ago. It isn't made to work on a 6 speed, but it can. They bypass the clutch's saftey switch, so if even you leave it in gear, it'll still start, or at least try to. Doesn't bother me, it was fairly cheap and it does what I need it to do. But, I can NEVER I leave it in gear!

·
Registered
161 Posts
That sounds safe....i can read the newspaper headlines now

"Pickup goes on destruction rampage" - The owner of a dodge ram with a diesel engine used his remote start but forgot to take it out of gear. after the truck started it when idling its way through the town destroying nearly 13 buildings and a couple dozen cars on the street, it came to rest when it hit a large piece of construction machinery, but not before overturning it. CUMMINS POWER :rck:

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
224 Posts
they are available for the manual's but there is a sequence of events that you have to follow every time you shut off your truck to arm the autostart. Setting the parking brake is part of it, not sure on the specific's. I know a guy that has it on his '02 6-speed. I'll see if I can get ahold of him for brand and model. Maybe someone else here has experience and will chime in......

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
AutoStart has everything for the manuals.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
pooperscooper said:
That sounds safe....i can read the newspaper headlines now

"Pickup goes on destruction rampage" - The owner of a dodge ram with a diesel engine used his remote start but forgot to take it out of gear. after the truck started it when idling its way through the town destroying nearly 13 buildings and a couple dozen cars on the street, it came to rest when it hit a large piece of construction machinery, but not before overturning it. CUMMINS POWER :rck:

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
LOL That is what I thought :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
576 Posts
I keep meaning to try it out. I wanna go to a parking lot or something and leave it in gear. I wonder if the e-brake will prevent it from starting or if it'll just plow through traffic, hahaha.

·
Registered
161 Posts
poor poor starter...... :thatfunny

·
Big Riggin'
549 Posts
Now this is a mod I would like. One question? How do you do the "wait to start" thing before actually cranking it?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
UnrulyNFS said:
Now this is a mod I would like. One question? How do you do the "wait to start" thing before actually cranking it?
The remote start is hooked into it and "knows" when the wait to start light goes out.

·
Big Riggin'
549 Posts
That's cool. Is the website Autostart.com?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Or like my ghetto fab starter, it just waits 30 seconds, reguardless of the heater. I think thats just the way he hooked it up though, cause my last rig it cranked the second the heater turned off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't want to set the E- brake when it's -30f..... up here in Alaska I've had experience with an ebrake freezing when set at too cold of temps...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wouldn't either. But unless there's something I don't know you have to set the e-brake to start a manual with an auto start. I could most certainly be wrong here as I'm only going off of the experiance of a friend. I have an auto so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll save the "auto start" for my girl friend's ride.... it's auto.....
just have to get my butt off the couch and go start it up if I want to go anywhere.... so what if it's -40f..... it's a "dry" cold anyway...right

·
Registered
224 Posts
You must be a warm weather rider....How do you keep your truck warm enough to start when you park in in the mts. all day long at -25? That's the main reason I got mine. I can set the timer feature and it will start every 3 hours and run for 30 min. It worked like a champ Saturday ice fishing at -35. Your just asking for trouble not keeping it somewhat warmed when it's that cold and you can't plug in. It's a long walk from Summit to Fairbanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.