Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for everyone..

I wanted to do a little interior painting of the truck.. I already have the solar yellow dash bezel and custom hemi A/C knobs, and just wanted to paint just some small stuff. My question is that the dealer is the only place that sells the 'solar yellow' paint that would perfectly match, they have to special order it, and they charge out the ass for a little can of paint. I was wondering if anyone knew of a yellow that would come really close to matching the 'solar yellow'... that is maybe made by dupli-color or plastikote? and that I can buy at an autoparts store maybe? Anyone have any ideas? The dealer down here wants to charge like $12 for a really small can of color matched paint.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I went to a regular automotive paintshop, and gave them the paint code of my truck, they gave me a normal sized rattle can for $13. This isn't very cheap, but it did all the pieces I wanted to do then. I'm going to get another can this week for the mirrors, and headlights.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know if theres a match for PBJ (Atl. Blue Pearlcoat). I can't seem to find it at the autoparts places. I'm low on the dealer rattles after doing a couple of test and my rear window trim.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
MoparFan told me he gets his at Napa Auto Parts. They gotta order it and I believe its A Duplicolor product. Just gotta give them the paint code and they will get it for ya. I wanna say its around $6-$8 a can.

KB

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Where I live, there are body shop suppliers that mix spray bombs to match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.