DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
V10
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might just be overreacting, but i checked the antifreeze in my dakota the other day, it was a bit low, so i added some, and tried to remove some of the air in the system, it helped the heat out quite a bit. So i was driving it today and it started to get cooler again, so i thought i just hadn't gotten the air bubble out, well it was still full and i couldn't get any more air to burp out...

what i don't understand is that my radiator cap is still cold to the touch, even after an hour drive in the dak... Am i having problems, or is it just that cold( about 17-25*F)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The V6 Kotas are known to run cold. If you are still worried about the amount of coolant in your system, use the old mechanic's proverb: "hill and fill" This is one of the easiest ways to ensure there are no air bubbles trapped in the system.

And as long as everything else is working properly in your truck, then the cap might be okay. Are you sure that your thermostat is opening?

·
V10
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"hill and fill" ... I tried this, and the rad. was still full, so i guess i got it all out.

Are you sure that your thermostat is opening?

Well, i can feel the coolant in the upper radiator hose, and the guage seems to be operating properly and it shows that the truck is in normal operating temp... so i assume

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
you might have to flush the heater core. Reverse flush it with the hose and see what comes out. Could be an issue and doesn't hurt if it wasn't. Do you use premix antifreeze or use 100% antifreeze and add water? I did 100% AF and had issues later. water pump went out along with a couple core plugs.

·
V10
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i usually use the 50/50 stuff...i'm a little lazy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.